Product Announcement from Schuster Electronics, Inc.
Schuster Electronics offers the World Products Environmental Metal Oxide Varistors series which is well suited for smart grid projects have UL, CSA, SEV and VDE approvals. VDE approvals are in conjunction with IEC61051-2. Plus specific types comply with Accelerated Aging Test Requirements per ANSI/IEEE C62.11. The factory is ISO and TS16949 certified. Taped Parts conform to EIA standards. All electrical specifications are to industry standards with definitions conforming to IEEE specifications. Solderability to MIL STD. Epoxy flammability rating of 94V0.
- Disk sizes 5mm, 7mm, 10mm, 14mm, 20mm, 22mm(square) and 34mm(square)
- RoHS certified and Halogen free.
- UL/CUL1449 3RD Edition Recognized including.
- Flame Retardant Coating available.
- "Pin Type" offered utilizing a third lead (located typically) in the center of the disk for 22mm and 34mm sizes allowing customer to connect a discrete thermal fuse.
- Available in "High" and "Ultra High" Energy types with Peak Surge Current rating up to 60,000 amps.
- Uncoated disk types available with and without leads.
- Multiple lead form, lead length, lead frame and taping options.
- New duty cycle series forthcoming offering up to 1600, 750amp, 8/20us pulses disk capability.
- Superior heat transfer characteristics eliminating disk hot spots.