SeaLATCH Brackets Add Locking USB Ports to Systems
Product Announcement from Sealevel Systems, Inc.
• Add SeaLATCH® USB Type A locking port to systems
• Form factors include PCI, low profile PCI, and panel mount
• Connect to host via internal USB header
• Fully compatible with standard USB cables
• Supports high-speed 480M bps, full-speed 12M bps, and low-speed 1.5M bps operation
"Most Customers have unused USB headers on their motherboard", states Marc Foster, Director of Sales at Sealevel Systems. "This new product line of SeaLATCH® brackets makes it easy for them to use these headers to easily add USB ports to their systems. As an added benefit, the brackets use SeaLATCH locking USB ports which provide customers the ability to protect against accidental cable disconnection."
The SeaLATCH bracket product line provides three mounting options for adding USB type A ports: a low profile PCI bracket, a standard PCI bracket, and a panel mount bracket. All products in the line have an integrated 2mm 4-pin Molex header that connects to the motherboard header on the host system. Sealevel has internal USB connector cables available as optional accessory items.
The PCI bracket and low profile PCI bracket simply use the respective PCI/low profile PCI slots as a mounting platform. The brackets do not transmit any data via the PCI bus.
The PCI bracket is also available in a dual connector model that has two SeaLATCH locking USB Type A connectors.
The panel mount bracket is secured directly to the enclosure. An opening is cut into the metal to expose the port then the bracket is secured using the included stainless steel (#4-40) screws. The panel mount bracket is compatible with 13-21 gauge sheet metal and 11-19 gauge aluminum panels. Threaded inserts are integrated into the molded bracket which eliminates the need for threading on the enclosure.
The brackets utilize SeaLATCH locking USB ports that provide a secure metal-to-metal connection using a thumbscrew design. Users have the option of using a SeaLATCH USB cable when a secure connection is desired or they can use a standard USB cable.
All brackets are available immediately from stock:
• The panel mount bracket with SeaLATCH locking USB Type A port is item SL-PM and priced at $9.95.
• The low profile bracket with SeaLATCH locking USB Type A port is item SL-LPCI and priced at $19.95.
• The PCI bracket with SeaLATCH locking USB Type A port is item SL-PCI and priced at $19.95.
• The dual PCI bracket with two SeaLATCH locking USB Type A ports is item SL-PCI2 and priced at $29.95.
USB cables with SeaLATCH locking USB connectors are available as optional accessory items.
Sealevel Systems, founded in 1986, provides industrial computing solutions in addition to a variety of communications and I/O products including PCI Bus cards, Ethernet serial servers, USB serial adapters, PCMCIA cards, and PC/104 modules. The product line includes multi-port RS-232, RS-422/485, RS-232/422/485 multi-interface high-speed sync/async, and digital/relay I/O.