Product Announcement from Senior Aerospace Metal Bellows
Senior Aerospace Metal Bellows designs and manufactures a variety of bellows dynamic seals. These seals are ideal for high temperature applications where elastomeric seals break down. These seals are commonly circular but can also be squares, rectangles, ovals or whatever shape will fit with the application.
Common materials of construction are stainless steel, or high nickel alloys for higher temperature applications. Typical applications include engine nacelle seals, firewall seal, fuel drain seal, and engine duct seals.
Used as engine shaft seals or engine gearbox seals, the bellows type mechanical face seal offers advantages including:
- All welded hermetic construction
- Bellows replaces the secondary o-ring seal
- Zero secondary leakage
- Uniform (360°) face loading
- No stiction or hysteresis
- Accurate and repeatable load at length
- Longer axial stroke capability
- Bellows versus wave spring
- Suitable for extreme temperature environments
- -65F to 900F