Product Announcement from Senscient Inc.
Open Path Gas Detectors (OPGD) have been in use for decades, but Enhanced Laser Diode Spectroscopy (ELDS) is a revolutionary OPGD technology designed to help eliminate plant and personnel safety problems in the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical industries. ELDS technology applications currently include the monitoring of hydrocarbon gas leaks at offshore and onshore oil and gas production facilities, refineries, petrochemical plants, gas transmission stations and many other industrial facilities.
Enhanced Laser Diode Spectroscopy (ELDS)
ELDS provides the following unique benefits and advantages:
- Elimination of false alarms.
- Reliable, sensitive detection of both flammable and toxic gases at low ppm concentrations. Toxic gases of primary interest include hydrogen sulfide, hydrogen fluoride and ammonia.
- Three orders of magnitude increased sensitivity for hydrocarbons, greatly increasing the probability of detecting a flammable gas leak before it reaches catastrophic proportions. Current NDIR methodology fails to provide warnings early enough, or reliably enough to facilitate any significant remedial action.
- A single ELDS unit can detect combinations of toxic and / or flammable gas hazards, significantly reducing the cost for a comprehensive gas detection system Capital Expenditure (capex) and COO (cost of ownership).
- Unique Simu-Gas™ feature provides the long sought-after ability to accomplish remote, on command, electronic functional testing of open path gas detectors either locally or from the control room.
Contact us today for a quote!