Product Announcement from ShapeGrabber
ShapeGrabber 3D scanner technology provides documented proof that manufacturers are meeting specifications by providing NIST-traceable data and accurate 3D laser scans of complex-shaped parts. These include plastic injection molded parts, castings, stampings and more.
ShapeGrabber 3D laser scanners are very easy to use because there is no need to write special code to scan each object. They are also very fast, capturing millions of data points in just minutes to represent the true and full geometry of the part.
The systems then compare the 3D scanner results to computer aided design (CAD) models to provide accurate and timely 3D measurement feedback for quality control. Automatically generated reports help to provide proof that you are producing products to specification.
ShapeGrabber 3D scanners make it possible to:
- Reduce inspection time by rapidly conducting automatic or first-article inspection in minutes.
- Measure the whole part, not just a few points, providing greater assurance that requirements have been met and improving overall quality.
- Improve production efficiency by quickly troubleshooting fit problems.
- Minimize equipment downtime by reducing human error.
- Reduce material waste by reducing shipping defects.
- Evaluate part wear by comparing scans of the same part over time.
ShapeGrabber's 3D scanner product line includes options for:
- Large parts up to the size of a refrigerator
- Parts as small as dental implants
- Parts that are difficult or impossible to move or reach
- Table-top scanning
- Portable scanning
- Single- and double-axis 3D scanning