Product Announcement from ShapeGrabber
The SG156 Scanhead enables ShapeGrabber customers to more than double their output speed compared to previous generations of scanhead. With the addition of field of view compression, the speed increase can exceed a factor of ten. Based on extensive internal testing, a speed increase of 4 or 5 times will be typical. New customers will enjoy the most advanced 3D scanning technology platform on the market today.
The new scanhead design features these enhancements:
- Up to 10 times faster scanning speed than its predecessor, the SG102
- Variable field of view in addition to depth of field
- Greater accuracy and tolerance to temperature changes
- Larger dynamic sensing range to scan wider range of part types
- A new mounting design allows the SG156 scanhead to be easily installed and removed; and, provides greater precision
The SG156 is backward-compatible with all currently installed ShapeGrabber scanners, with the addition of a new mounting bracket assembly.
ShapeGrabber industrial 3D laser scanners are in use by quality professionals and designers in automotive, aerospace, medical device, dental and other industrial sectors. They are ideal for rapid measurement and inspection of complex-shaped parts such as injection molded plastics, metal castings and stampings, and other parts that have compound curves and multiple features.
Detailed scanhead specifications can be found here: http://www.shapegrabber.com/sol-products-3d-scan-heads-specs.shtml