Failure Analysis Solutions that Work for You
Service Detail from Sherry Laboratories
When engineers, quality managers, and investigators encounter problems for which they need solutions that cannot be attained utilizing routine methodology or specification, they contact the problem solvers in the Sherry Engineering Group.
The Sherry Engineering Group excels at answering tough questions. If you or your company are ever faced with any of the questions below, contact us. We've got your answers!
- To what spec was this manufactured?
- How was this heat treated?
- How was this made? Is there a plating or coating?
- How did the part or assembly fail?
- Why did the part or assembly fail?
- How can we test this part?
- What is this substance?
- Did this item fail because of a manufacturing problem, material defect, or a service issue?
- What is the performance limit of my part?
- This material just isn’t behaving as expected. What is causing that?
The Sherry Engineering Group's Failure Analysis expertise, built on a foundation of more than 275 years of combined experience, is utilized by clients for a variety of reasons, including:
- Determination of Origin of Failure
- Failure Mode and Type of Corrosive Attack
- Root Cause Determination
- Contributing Factors
- Material Anomalies / Features
- Mechanical Damage
- Geometric Influence
- Remaining Life Assessment
Engineering Projects beyond the scope of standard testing is another area in which the Sherry Engineering Group excels. These can include:
- Project Design
- Fixture Design and Manufacturing
- Test Procedure Development
- Product Durability
- Reliability Testing
- Life Cycle Testing
- Assessment of Strength and Durability
- Hydrostatic Pressure Testing
On-Site Inspection Services
- On-Site Inspection and Failure Analysis
- Conductivity Analysis
- Corrosion Analysis
- Fabrication Inspection
- Fire Damage Assessment
- Material Degradation
- Reduction in Property
- Hardness and Ferrite Content
- In-situ Replication
- Thickness Measurements
- Ultrasonic Thickness Determination
- Visual Inspection Techniques
We welcome the opportunity to provide you a quote for our services or discuss how we can help.