Product Announcement from Sierra Instruments, Inc.
Sierra's New Cryogenic InnovaMass®
Offers Advanced Liquid Gas Measurement
Sierra Instruments today introduces a new cryogenic version of its InnovaMass® 240 multivariable mass vortex flow meter for advanced, more reliable measurement of liquefied gases, including liquid nitrogen, liquid oxygen, liquefied natural gas (LNG), liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), down to -330°F (-200°C).
Historically gauged by inexact turbine flow meters, liquid gas flow can now be calculated with precision using Sierra’s new flowmeter. The InnovaMass also contains no moving parts that will wear out or require service, an added advantage that provides stable readings and an increased service life.
The new InnovaMass cryogenic version has undergone extensive testing and field validation over the last several years, proving that the meter is preferred versus traditional turbine meters for measuring mass flow rates of cryogenic fluids down to -330°F (-200°C). Using a special cryogenic temperature RTD, mass calculations are done with the latest density equations of state for liquid oxygen, nitrogen, argon and carbon dioxide.
The InnovaMass 240 can be loop powered with power in, a programmable analog output and a HART or MODBUS signal riding on the same two wires.
To learn more about Sierra’s InnovaMass, visit https://www.sierrainstruments.com/products/cryo.html or contact us to request a quote.
Unique Product Features:
- Cryogenic version measures liquid O2, N2, Ar, and CO2 down to -330°F (-200°C)
- Volumetric or mass flow monitoring of cryogenic liquids
- Provides a direct reading of mass flow rate, volumetric flow rate, temperature, and density
- Smart electronics extends range down to a Reynolds number of 5000
- Field-configurable ranges, alarms, outputs and displays
- Field configurable via six push buttons or magnet through explosion-proof window
- Rangeability up to 30:1
- Temperature -330° F (-200°C) to -40°F (200°C to -40°C)
- Pressure up to 1500 psig (100 Barg)
- In-line (1/2 inch to 8 inch)
- FMC and ATEX approval
- Full implementation of HART protocol
- Optional MODBUS protocol