Product Announcement from Sierra Instruments, Inc.
New Heavy Industrial Mass Flow Controller with ANSI or DIN Flanges Now Available from Sierra Instruments
MONTEREY, CA – January 9, 2009 – Sierra Instruments is proud to announce its award winning Max-Trak® Model 180 Industrial Mass Flow Meters and Controllers are now available with 316 stainless steel (ANSI or DIN) flange mounting for gas flow rates up to 1000 SLPM (pipe sizes up to 1 inch / 25mm).
The new Max-Trak® Model 180 + Flanges' significant design enhancement expands the processes and applications where the Max-Trak® can be installed. Sierra's Dial-A-Gas® technology makes Max-Trak™ the industry's only multi-gas capable Industrial Mass Flow Controller. The Max-Trak® Model 180 + Flanges has excellent accuracy (+/-1% of FS) and repeatability (+/-0.2% of FS) coupled with unsurpassed instrument stability resulting from a patented, inherently-linear design, advanced platinum sensor technology, and a valve that is strong, flexible and forgiving. Max-Trak® can communicate to a user workstation via RS-232, RS-485 or one of 4 analog signals.
Max-Trak® is the Industry's only NEMA 6/IP67 rated mass flow controller conforming to rigorous water-resistant requirements. Rugged and reliable, the Max-Trak® is well-suited to handle to most demanding challenges commonly found in heavy industrial applications such as those found in metals and ceramics manufacturing, combustion control systems, chemical processing, pharmaceutical/biotech, and food and beverage.
UNIQUE PRODUCT FEATURES
• Industry's only NEMA 6/IP67 industrial MFC provides wash down protection eliminating secondary enclosures
• Measure & control gas mass flow rates up to 1000 SLPM (higher upon request) - Sierra offers other industrial models up to 100,000 SLPM & higher (meters only)
• Choose ANSI 1/2", 3/4", 1" flanges in either 150lb or 300lb rating
• Choose DIN 20, 25 flanges in either PN 15 or PN 40 rating
•Accuracy: +/- 1% of Full Scale
• Repeatability: +/ 0.2% Full Scale ensures a stable process even under changing conditions
• Dial-A-Gas lets you select from up to 10 gases in one instrument, creating great flexibility and reducing spares inventories
• Operation over a wide pressure range including at low differential pressures possible due to powerful valve design
• Both digital and analog communication included
• View and change the following functions in the field via RS-232 or our unique Pilot Module:
- Gas type
- Setpoint value
- Setpoint source
- Engineering units
- Output signal
- Valve state (open, closed or automatic)
- Full scale value
• All stainless steel construction is suitable for any clean gas, even corrosives & toxics
• Single sided power (24 VDC) reduces installation cost