Product Announcement from Sierra Monitor Corporation
Smart Infrared (IR) Combustible Gas Sensor Module (IT Series)
Proven Performance ----- Proven Technology ------ Proven Support
IR Combustibles Gas Detector Module, 5100-28-IT, from Sierra Monitor is Best of Class when it comes to providing the features demanded by instrumentation and safety professionals.
- FM approval for performance and hazardous area operation - for safe and reliable operation
- Extended calibration frequency for low maintenance - for low cost of ownership
- SIL-2 Certified - for long term reliability
- Stainless Steel 316 or epoxy coated aluminum enclosures for ratings to meet application needs
- Integral scrolling LED display - for ease of operation
- Menu-driven system - for user-friendly configuration of alarm setpoints, calibration, maintenance and alarms acknowledge
- Integral alarm relays for High, Low and Trouble - no need for external auxillary boxes
- HART Interface - for interface to HART controls and networks
- 4-20 mA output - enabling easy interface to common factory communications links
- Modbus RTU serial interface - easy interface to the worlds most common industiral protocol from the company that provided the first hazardous gas detection system with Modbus interface
- Configurable for non-Methane gases - easily adaptable to customer specific applications
- Remote sensor configuration option - to meet specific application requirements
- Optional integral control relay pack - when higher amperage control relays are needed, but still integral to the enclosure without an external auxillary box
The FM Approved 5100-28-IT IR Gas Sensor Module utilizes Non-Dispersive Infrared technology to monitor for combustible gases (Methane and others). Output range is either 0-100% of LEL (default) or percent (%) by volume. This Module requires minimal maintenance with a calibration check once a year. Internal continuous self-diagnostics will automatically indicate any fault or optics problems.
Infrared technology has the benefits of:
- Reduced need for calibration and thus lower operating costs.
- Operates in high combustible gas and/or low oxygen environment
- Can operate in environments where catalytic bead poisons might exist
- Rapid recovery after exposure to high concentrations of hydrocarbon gas (exceeding 100% LEL)