Product Announcement from Software Cradle
Enhanced Functionality Strengthens SC/Tetra V10 Position as CFD Software Leader
The release of Cradle SC/Tetra V10 general purpose, unstructured grid CFD software continues to set the standard, by which other CFD software are measured.
SC/Tetra is recognized for its robust preprocessor with integrated geometry repair tools. an exceptionally fast meshing speed, flexible and controllable hybrid grid generator, powerful physical models, a fast and memory efficient solver, complementary post-processing tools, and stand-alone viewer.
- Direct import of the majority of major Native CAD formats into the SC/Tetra V10 integrated preprocessor including CATIA, Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks, NX, SolidEdge, and Inventor. As always, AGES, VDAS, and ACIS formats are seamlessly imported.
- The ability to accommodate large models up to 1 billion elements.
- A new density based solver for high Mach Number compressible flows using a fully coupled solver that solves the mass, momentum, and energy equations simultaneously.
- A new VOF (Volume of Fluid) model used for free surfaces that is 10X faster than the previous model.
- An SST-SAS (Shear Stress Transport - Scale Adaptive Simulation) turbulence model used for highly unsteady regions, e.g. separation zones, and where large scale turbulence structures can be resolved without the time and grid scale resolution issues inherent with other methods.
- Enhanced radiation heat transfer functionality including radiation through optics, radiation from heated moving elements, and UV output.
- Improved artificial compressibility cavitation model for stable steady state analyses.
- An optional integrated optimization program using the Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithm (MOGA) that enables optimization of multiple objectives.
SC/Tetra V10 includes many other enhancements that help make it well suited for addressing real world engineering challenges.