SPIROL Releases Enhanced Manual Heat Insert Driver
Product Announcement from SPIROL
SPIROL International, a global leader in the manufacture of engineered components used for joining and assembly-and the installation technology to install them-introduces its next generation Manual Heat Insert Driver, the Model HM. This newly enhanced machine is capable of installing virtually any type of Heat/Ultrasonic style Insert into plastic assemblies. One of the greatest advantages of the Model HM is that it eliminates the dependency on the operator to control the factors of time, temperature and pressure to ensure perfect flow of the plastic for optimal retention and performance of the Insert.
The machine enhancements include:
• Larger base platform; from 8" x 8" to 10" x 12"
• Additional throat clearance (distance from center of main shaft
to center of heat installation tip) from 5.5" to 7.5"
• Longer stroke (tip motion achieved by pulling lever) from 2"
• Improved ability to set an accurate stroke stop position due to a
micrometer-style positive stop
• Smooth operation due to the inclusion of a high performance
ceramic coated shaft and "Freelon" (TM) Bearings
• Pre-drilled and tapped holes for easy fixture tooling location
• Improved positional accuracy of the tip, now +/-.005" from +/-.035"
• Rapid change-over to different Insert size and fixture
• 30% weight reduction
Based on feedback from actual users, the redesigned Manual HM Insert Driver is more robust and simple to use, as well as flexible and adaptable to any production volume; from prototype to high volume. To increase capacity after the start of production, simply add additional Model HM machines to the assembly floor. In addition, the Manual HM Heat Insert Driver is extremely versatile such that once a particular job ends; the unit can be easily converted to accommodate different sized Inserts and entirely different applications.
For more information regarding the new Manual HM Heat Insert Driver check out the technical data sheet attached here: http://www.spirol.com/library/automation/auto-Model_HM_us.pdf