649 Spindle Square
Product Announcement from Starrett
The Starrett 649 Series Spindle Square offers accuracy, convenience and significant time saving with the task of tramming the head of a vertical milling machine. This must be done regularly to ensure squareness and perpendicularity between the spindle and work surface.
The spindle square is easier to use and more precise than the traditional method of tramming with a dial test indicator.
Features & Specifications
• Fully assembled with two AGD Group 2 dial indicators
• Patented design
• Solid steel body construction with durable black wrinkle finish
• Ground gaging surface
• Approximately 4 lbs with custom case
• 3/8" inch shank diameter
• 4" (100mm) between contact points
• Approximately 6-3/4" (172mm) wide and 5-1/2" (140mm) from the top of shank to the end of the contact points