Laser Gauge Measurement System
Service Detail from Steven Douglas Corp. (SDC)
Steven Douglas Corp. designs and manufacturers special machines used in factory automation. Machines include: Assembly, Processing, Material Handling, and Testing and Inspection equipment.
One example is the Laser Gauge Measurement System we designed for a global specialty materials manufacturer.
Customer: Global specialty materials manufacturer
Project Title: Laser Gauge Measurement System
Product: Raw quartz tubing material for the production of fiber optic cable
Project Description: Provide one (1) automatic measurement gauge
- Establish overall tube geometry and characteristics by measuring individual quartz tubes.
- Capture and store measurement data and generate individual tube data sheets.
- Measure quartz tubes from 18" to 120" overall length
- The SDC Quartz Tube Laser Measurement System precisely calculates tube geometry by determining:
- Overall tube length
- I.D.'s and O.D.'s at specific points
- Bow and Ovality
- Cross sectional area, etc.
- The entire Mechanical and Electronic functions of the machine are synchronized and controlled by a PC workstation running a custom written Visual Basic (VB) application complete with a custom user-friendly interface.
- The VB application automatically converts Laser Gauge measurement data into a reader/printer friendly Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format.