Product Announcement from Stock Drive Products/Sterling Instrument - SDP/SI
New Series Of Shaft Collars From Sterling Instrument
Feature The Integral Fairloc® Fastener
A new series of shaft collars manufactured by Sterling Instrument (An ISO 9001+AS9100 Registered Manufacturer) incorporate a built-in bearing shim spacer and feature the Fairloc® integral hub fastener. These collars, identified as the S25FB9 [inch] [metric] (Brass) and S25FY9 [inch] [metric] Series (303 Stainless Steel), are stocked for immediate delivery in both inch and metric sizes. They are designed to fit shafts that are .12" to 3/4" (3 to 20 mm) in diameter. Their O.D's range from .433" to 1.496" (11 to 38 mm) in diameter.
Fairloc® is a patented integral hub fastener which eliminates marred shafts. The choice of Fairloc® hubs permits frequent phase adjustment, timing and position adjustment while adding positive metal-to-metal fastening strength along both hub sections. The Fairloc® integral hub fastener consists of two slots that are machined into the hub, one radially the other angularly, to create a transverse wedge which remains attached to the solid portion of the hub on one side. The resultant cantilevered clamping section has a tapped hole to accept a cap screw which passes through a clearance hole in the solid portion of the hub, and into a threaded hole in the transverse wedge section. As the screw is tightened, the cantilevered section clamps the shaft securely. The screw can be tightened and released repeatedly without marring the shaft or affecting its torque-transmitting abilities.
Detailed specifications are contained in SI Catalogs D805 (metric) and D810 (inch) available free upon request from Sterling Instrument.
1. Fairloc® Bellows Hub Couplings [inch] [metric]
2. Fairloc® Flexible Neo-Flex Couplings [inch] [metric]
3. Fairloc® Rigid Shaft Coupling [inch] [metric]
4. Fairloc® Shaft Reducers | Extenders [inch] [metric]
5. Fairloc® Shaft Collars [inch] [metric]
6. Fairloc® Hub Metal Timing Pulleys [inch] [metric]
(MXL, XL, L, HTD®, GT®2, T & 40 DP)
7. Fairloc® Hub Plastic Timing Pulleys [inch] [metric]
(MXL, XL, L, HTD®, GT®2, T & 40 DP)
8. Fairloc® Hub Anti-Backlash Gears [inch] [metric]
9. Fairloc® Gear & Dial Hubs Precision [inch]
10. Plastic Spur Gears [inch] [metric]
11. Metal Spur Gears [inch] [metric]
12. Conidrive® Pulleys [metric]
13. Fairloc® Reducers & Extenders Press
14. Fairloc® Bellows Couplings 1. Press | 2. Press
15. Fairloc® Conidrive® Pulleys Press
16. Fairloc® Aluminum Acetal Gears Press
17. Fairloc® 1158 Anti-Backlash Gears Press
18. Fairloc® 45 Shaft Couplings Press
19. Fairloc® 2 mm Pitch GT®2 Timing Belt Pulleys Press
20. Fairloc® 3 mm Pitch HTD® Timing Belt Pulleys Press
21. Fairloc® 5 mm Pitch HTD® Timing Belt Pulleys Press
22. Fairloc® Shaft Collars Press
23. Fairloc® D243 Catalog
Available for order and/or download:
- Request D796 CD - Including Belt & Chain Drives, Shaft Accessories, Bearings, Feed & Idler Rollers, Couplings, Vibration Mounts & Pads, Linear Motion Systems, Hardware, Right Angle Drives, Gearheads, Gearmotors and Clutches.
- Request Today! NEW D805 Master Catalog | Metric Automation & Drive Components - New Stock Drive Products / Sterling Instrument Metric Components Catalog D805 contains product specs for over 40,000 items such as: gears, timing belts, timing belt pulleys, bearings, couplings, gearheads and speed reducers, right angle drives and linear motion systems.
- Catalog D810 | Handbook Of INCH Drive Components 1,520-pages - Master INCH size component catalog
- Shaftloc® Components Catalog - Catalog D160
- Conidrive® Belt Drive Catalog - Catalog DN10
- PowerGrip® TruMotion® Timing Belt Catalog - Catalog D155
- Feed & Idler Rollers - Catalog D150
- Handbook of Fairloc® Components - Catalog D243
- Drive Component Design Textbook - Catalog D757
To View our entire product line including specifications, additional information and pricing and ordering information,
click on the product areas below for more information:
- Belt & Chain Drives: Timing Belts, Pulleys, Ladder Chains & Sprockets
- Brakes & Clutches
- Foot Mounts
- Gearheads & Speed Reducers
- Linear Motion Systems
- Miscellaneous Components
- Motors & Gearmotors
- Right Angle Drives
- Shafts & Shaft Accessories
- Universal Joints
- Vibration Mounts
Stock Drive Products (ISO 9001 Registered) and Sterling Instrument (ISO 9001 + AS9100 Registered) operating divisions of Designatronics Incorporated, a company that began in 1960 as a manufacturer of small mechanical products.
The company's four modern manufacturing plants, totaling 148,000 square feet (13,750 square meters), are located on technology-rich Long Island, New York. There, SDP-SI's experienced workforce designs, manufactures and distributes a diverse line of standard and custom, commercial and precision grade components, as well as a full range of electromechanical devices and assemblies.