Product Announcement from Storage Battery Systems, LLC.
10–300 Vdc, 0–120 Adc Constant Current Load Bank with Wireless Data Logging
The SBS-8400 was designed as an improved version of the popular Torkel 840™ load tester.
The SBS-8400 has similar discharging capabilities as the Torkel 840™, however, it has the advantage of having a user-friendly touch screen menu and a built-in data monitoring/
acquisition system complete with wireless modules and software.
The wireless modules are easy to hook up. Each module can record the real-time voltage of up to four individual cells or multi-cell blocks. During the test the user can view real-time data on the unit’s large 5.7" color screen or through their own laptop.
The SBS-8400 is also unique in that it has adjustable automatic stop points. In addition, if you want to change the settings during a discharge test (current, stop time, stop voltage, etc.) you can do so without stopping the test. The unit can be easily set to automatically
stop the test if a single cell or the entire string falls below a user set voltage. A test can be done safely without the technician being on site and without the danger of over-discharging an individual cell or the entire system. The unit comes complete with software which allows
the download of test results via USB flash drive and exports complete reports including individual cell voltages, graphs, etc.
`` Wide voltage range: 12V to 280V
`` 5.7" LCD touch screen for easy operation
`` Display shows various parameters in real time
`` Selectable discharge mode: constant current / power / resistance
`` 4 adjustable stop points with alarms
`` Supports RS232 real-time monitoring through PC
`` Download data via RS232 or USB after discharge
`` Software for report generation and capacity evaluation
`` Wireless modules for individual battery voltage measuring
`` Main unit
`` Qty. 17 SBS-2/6/12 Modules
`` Qty. 2 6 ft. cables-pos/neg
`` 3 ft. AC cable (and transformer)
`` RS232 wire
`` 2GB USB disk
`` Case for main unit and modules
`` Instruction manual
Established in 1915, Storage Battery Systems LLC., has become renown for providing DC Power Solutions™ for stationary & motive power applications. From flooded battery cells, to sealed VRLA strings, from Ni-Cd jars to Lithium-ION rechargeable battery packs, SBS has developed a reputation for delivering superior performance & dedication to customer service.
At SBS, we offer a wide variety of DC products and services for stationary and motive power requirements that can enhance and maximize the performance you get from your application.
- Fork lift truck batteries – we have been manufacturing and assembling them for nearly 90 years.
- Industrial batteries (automotive, golf cart, scrubbers, generator starting batteries, etc.) – we have been the Midwest Master Distributor for Trojan Battery since 1979
- We also have an office and warehouse in Chicago, Il and Green Bay, WI to provide sales and support for our Motive customers in the Midwest.
UPS Sales and Support
- Sales: For nearly 25 years we have been authorized resellers of high end UPS systems manufactured by GE, Toshiba, Mitsubishi, etc.
- Support: We have highly qualified in house technicians that travel across the country to perform general maintenance, repairs and new installations. We handle accounts like: Target, Kohl’s, Hyatt, etc.
- We design and assemble in house custom battery packs for many applications. Examples: electric battery pack for Arien’s electric riding lawn mowers and snow blowers, Hyatt key card door locks, we rebuild DC battery packs for laptops and portable electric tools.
Battery Test Equipment
- For nearly 20 years SBS has been one of the major suppliers of battery test equipment. SBS stocks over 400 pieces of battery test equipment including: (3) types of digital hydrometers, internal resistance/voltage testers, load banks, hydrogen detectors and battery maintenance supplies.
- We also fully service, repair and calibrate the equipment in house.
Stationary (95% Utility)
- When we say ‘95% Utility’ it is because the U.S. Utility market has been our focus for the last 15 years. When the Telecommunications industry was booming SBS did not follow every other battery supplier towards the ‘quick money’ and we have grown a large customer base because we stuck with the market we have always respected.
- SBS supplies a full line of long-life low-maintenance flooded batteries (STT-series). We were the first company to actively market the lead-selenium/low-antimony batteries in the U.S. and we believe it is the best product available if manufactured correctly.
We took our knowledge of this product and designed a post seal we felt best complimented the tubular plate lead-selenium battery.
We also used our knowledge and experience to come up with a unique alloy that all of our manufacturers must use.
Combine that with intercell connectors and vent caps that we picked out and we are as close to a manufacturer as it gets without the disadvantages of a fixed factory location, fixed management and a slow response time.
If our primary manufacture has a long lead time, if the prices are high due to currency fluctuations or if there is a major quality problem at the factory we can move our orders to an alternate factory overnight without delay and with the same components and quality you can always count on with SBS.
We can also customize our batteries/accessories. For example Florida Power and Light preferred not to have the fully insulated connectors and wanted extended terminals. Within 8 weeks we customized our design and now stock product for them. A standard reseller and most manufacturers are not able or willing to provide this type of service.
- We are the North American supplier for HBL ni-cad batteries. HBL is the 3rd largest ni-cad supplier in the world and their quality is great and the prices are even better.
- We work with multiple VRLA battery manufacturers and we have many options available to us depending on the customer’s requirements.
- We also supplies battery chargers, standard and seismic battery racks, spill containment systems and custom enclosures.
- SBS can also install our systems anywhere in the world with our own factory trained technicians.
SBS has been supplying quality products since 1915. We are ISO 9001 certified and we pride ourselves on customer service and quality.
- Critical Power
- Stationary / Standby Power
- OEM Custom Power Systems
- Material Handling
- Transportation and Mobility
- Emergency Repair 24/7
- Preventative Maintenance Contract
- EF&I Turnkey Installation & Relocation
- EPA Reclamation
- IEEE & Specialized Testing
- DOT Battery Regulations
- OSHA Battery Handling Systems FAQ's:
JOIN OUR Mailing LIst and Sign Up to Receive:Product Previews, Exclusive Savings, Whitepapers & More!