Product Announcement from Tantec EST, Inc.
The purpose of corona surface treatment of polymer-based materials is to increase surface wettability through electrical discharge. The low surface energy of polymer-based substrates often leads to poor adhesion of inks, glues and coatings. To obtain optimum adhesion, it is necessary to increase the surface energy of the substrate to just above that of the material to be applied. Surface Treatment with Corona results in good wetting of the material over the surface of the substrate and so improves adhesion.
The CableTEC is a unique and cost-effective method for optimising the adhesion properties of printing inks and coatings onto polymer cable insulations such as PE, PP, and PTFE.
The in-line treating system has been specifically designed by Tantec to facilitate easy installation to new or existing production lines.
A complete corona surface treatment system includes; High-frequency Generator, High-voltage Transformer, Air-cooled Electrodes, Ozone Filter and customised stand-alone or bench-top treating station.
- 360 degree non-contact treatment
- Treatment of Standard Cable from 0.5-8mm (others upon request)
- Fully shielded treating station
- Zero speed control for automatic start/stop function
- Integrated 'watt density' control to ensure uniform treatment at changing line speeds
- High speed treatment up to 600m/min
- Available for treatment of "tough" materials such as teflon and cross linked polymers