Comparison: Interface Pressure Measurement Options
Product Announcement from Tekscan, Inc.
Download this white paper to learn how product development, manufacturing, research, and quality control can be improved through utilizing interface pressure sensing technology. This white paper analyzes three interface pressure measurement options and how engineers can use these technologies in various applications to help solve design challenges.
- Examination of load cells, pressure indicating film, tactile pressure sensors, and tactile force sensors
- Comparison of each of their measurement capabilities
- Analysis of how those strengths and limitations influence real-world applications:
- Fuel cell stack and battery plate clamping pressure
- Tire tread
- Chemical mechanical polishing (CMP)
- Body measurement in a seat
- Nip or roller measurement
- Valuable information that a tactile pressure mapping system can provide when trying to optimize design solutions.