Product Announcement from Tekscan, Inc.
Download this white paper to learn how product development, manufacturing, research, and quality control can be improved through integrating different interface pressure sensing technologies. This white paper analyzes three different interface pressure measurement options and how engineers can use these technologies in various applications to help solve design challenges.
- Examination of interface pressure sensing technologies: load cells, pressure indicating film, tactile pressure sensors, and tactile force sensors.
- Comparison of measurements from pressure sensing technologies, demonstrating the strengths and limitations of each technology.
- Discussion of how these technologies can be integrated when evaluating a variety of real-world applications, including:
- Fuel cell stack and battery plate clamping pressure
- Tire tread
- Chemical mechanical polishing (CMP)
- Body measurement in a seat
- Nip or roller measurement
- Analysis of how the technologies’ advantages and constraints influence those applications.
- Valuable information that a tactile pressure mapping system can provide when trying to optimize design solutions.