Windshield Wiper Pressure Distribution
Product Announcement from Tekscan, Inc.
Utilizing a tactile pressure sensor, the Wiper™system measures wiper blade to windshield interface force profiles under various testing conditions. The Wiper system measures the force distribution along the entire length of the blade at different positions on the windshield, providing important insights to improve design. It is used as a research and development tool to improve blade and wiper system performance under different conditions such as “lift-off”.
Various industry leaders such as Ford, Hyundai, Nissan, Bosch, Toyota, Valeo, and SIAT use the Wiper pressure measurement system to test windshield wiper performance.
- Map force distribution along wiper blade
- Access real time or recorded data
- Dynamic measurement for "lift-off" testing
- Collects and consolidates static measurements at different angles to capture full wiper cycle
- Graphic and analysis capabilities