Product Announcement from Terra Universal, Inc.
- Completely modular design lets you configure an economical hood and filter/blower configuration to your specs!
- As a Mini-Laminar Flow Hood, it provides a continuous wash of HEPA- or ULPA-filtered particle-free air to the work surface
- As a Ductless Exhaust Fume Hood, it ventilates and purifies hazardous exhaust fumes for safe indoor release
- As an Exhaust Fume Hood, it draws fumes from the work area to your in-house exhaust system
- Air speed gauge monitors effective operation
- Wide range of purification filters available to meet OSHA and other requirements
- Select single or twin hoods (for one or two operators), in many materials to suit specific applications
- Optional hood frame isolates hood and blower for a vibration-free work surface
- Other system options include fluorescent or UV lighting, ionizing equipment, and power strips
- Custom modifications include hand ports and special dimensions to enclose processing equipment
Terra's Universal Hood functions either as a particle-free mini-cleanroom work environment or an exhaust venting/purification station. Its practical, fully modular design allows you to construct an economical system that's just right for your requirements.
Custom Versatility—On a Standard Basis
The backbone of the system is a versatile filter/blower system that mounts on top of a portable hood. Because the rugged variable-speed impeller can be mounted in its housing as either a blower or a ventilator, the system can be configured as a laminar flow (positive-pressure) station or an exhaust fume (negative-pressure) station.
A filter housing (mounted beneath the blower housing) allows easy installation of up to four separate filters: particulate filters rated up to 99.999% efficient at removing particles 0.12 microns in diameter; or exhaust purification filters designed to safely remove a variety of organic and inorganic chemical vapors.
Reliable, Uniform Performance
Terra's experience in airflow engineering shows in their filter/blower performance. Regardless of the filter configuration you select, the system delivers uniform face velocity. Specially designed plenum chambers ensure that the blower output is distributed evenly across the surface of the filter, thereby minimizing turbulence and eliminating negative pressure zones that can actually draw contaminants into the work area.
Hoods are available in several sizes and materials:
- Acrylic Hoods are fabricated of clear .25" acrylic to permit complete 360° visibility. All edges are fused and polished to ensure maximum clarity and durability. These hoods feature an acrylic swing-up access shield that restricts the air flow into or out of the work area, thereby optimizing the efficiency of the filter/blower system.
- Static-Dissipative PVC Hoods feature the full visibility of acrylic but add static-dissipative surfaces to minimize the risk of ESD (electrostatic discharge) under the hood. Static-dissipative PVC also serves the important function of controlling particles by eliminating the attractive forces that develop on other plastic surfaces. It also resists a wide range of chemicals. These hoods include a swing-up access shield (also of static-dissipative PVC).
- Nondissipative PVC Hoods are lightweight, transparent, and resist many acids and alkalis commonly used in processing operations. Their standard access shield is made of nondissipative PVC.
- Polypropylene Hoods combine the light weight of a plastic hood with superb chemical resistance. They are ideal for chemical processing and for such operations as soldering, which generates corrosive fumes that could damage other plastics. A transparent nondissipative PVC access shield allows full viewing of the work area.
- Stainless Steel Hoods offer superb chemical and heat resistance, cleanliness, and static conductivity. The large static-dissipative PVC access shield ensures full visibility and restricts air flow into or out of the work area.
- Tempered Glass Hoods provide a safe environment for corrosive fumes without sacrificing visibility. Stainless steel frames lend strength and stability to these hoods. Access shields for these models are made of static-dissipative PVC.
All hoods feature a bottomless design that permits easy placement over large instruments and assemblies, and all are available in single or twin designs (to accommodate one or two operators). Because they are completely portable, you can move them freely throughout your facility as the job requires. Custom cut-outs can also be specified for arm ports or process equipment.