Product Announcement from Texas Instruments Digital Signal Processors & ARM Microprocessors
The Smart Data Concentrator Evaluation Module gives developers the ultimate level of flexibility and scalability with numerous performance, cost and connectivity options for their data concentrator designs. It includes advanced hardware and software that reduce development time by up to nine months while still supporting connectivity to more than 1,000 smart meters. Developers can easily plug in different connectivity modules, including Sub-1GHz (LPRF), general packet radio service (GPRS), near field communication (NFC) and TI's power line communication (PLC) system-on-module robust G3 and PRIME support.
- AM335x ARM Cortex-A8 processor-based design reduces development time by up to nine months
- Integrated communication interfaces include two Ethernet (MAC) ports, USB and up to eight UARTs for easy connectivity to other systems on the smart grid
- Multiple PLC stacks for MAC and PHY layers let developers create designs that support PLC-Lite™, PRIME, G3, IEEE-P1901.2
- IPv4, IPv6 and 6LoWPAN protocols allow developers to connect their data concentrator products to a wide range of home and building automation applications
- Orderable production ready end-equipment which includes schematics, BOM, user guides, application notes, white paper, software, demos and more