Custom Flexible Heaters For OEM Medical Devices
Product Announcement from Thermal Circuits, Inc.
Custom Etched Foil Elements and Etched Foil Heaters for Heat Cure In Medical Applications from Thermal Circuits, Inc.
Since it's founcing in 1955, Thermal Circuits has been a custom and standard manufacturer of Ceramic Heaters, Etched-Foil, Ceramic Fiber Heaters, Surface Heaters, Air Heaters, Molded heaters, Heater Assemblies, and Infrared Panel Emitters. We service a wide variety of markets and geographic areas and strive to maintain world-class leadership in all aspects of our business. Our core competency is building our products based on your needs and requirements.
A major medical device manufacturer of genetic testing systems designed to automate hospital pathology, reference, and R&D labs, handles up to 40 slides at a time as they rotate on a carousel.
A key objective for the second-generation GenII was to address three performance problems associated with the incumbent, forced-convection system:
- The need to reach temperature quickly and cool down rapidly
- A non-uniform thermal profile
- Lack of performance repeatability
The company turned to the talents of Thermal Circuits, Inc. of Salem, MA, for a cure to their heater issues. Input provided by the company about its application, as well as tests performed at Thermal Circuits, resulted in a workable solution of an etched-foil heater.
About Thermal Circuits:
Thermal Circuits Inc. is a manufacturer of surface heaters, air heaters, molded heaters, heater assemblies, and infrared panel emitters. We service a wide variety of markets and geographic areas and, through continuous quality improvement, strive to maintain world-class leadership in all aspects of our business.
"Firsts" from Thermal Circuits continued during the 1970's and 1980's. We designed, prototyped and produced heaters and assemblies for the first etched foil-heated cafeteria food service stations, infant incubators, hospital warming cabinets, automobile side-view mirrors, kitchen electrics(mini-skillets, deep-fat fryers), and personal care appliances(mist hair setters, styling wands).
This growth prompted the construction in 1996 of a single-storied, 52,000 square foot building which is Thermal Circuits' new home. Still in Salem, the company is owned by its corporate partners and is the anchor company in a newly-developed industrial park. The new facility is state-of-the-art and second to none.
A “solution” designer and manufacturer of custom, etched foil heaters and assemblies, would welcome the opportunity of creating an affordable heater designed to your application’s requirements.
Our core competencies for these conductive, convective and radiant heaters include:
- Application Engineering that is responsive and experienced. You can be assured that we will provide an optimal, reliable solution. Let us help you turn your company’s opportunity into a competitive advantage.
- Thermal Uniformity is attained by varying the heater’s watt density, thereby, compensating for heat losses.
- Thermal Responsiveness is a function of the heater’s low mass. Heating and cooling are virtually instantaneous.
- Repeatability through Thermal Circuits’ photo etch process that sustains part-to-part consistency.
- Innovative Manufacturer
- Recognized for using the broadest range of materials
- Dielectrics compatible with integration and challenging environments.
- Element/alloys developed for increased capabilities and lower costs.
- Integrated Sensors
- Thermistors, RTDs, semiconductor-type, thermocouples, thermostats and thermal fuses.
- Turnkey Assemblies
- Metalwork, heat sinks, wire harnesses and flex circuits.
- Space and Weight Efficient
- As thin as 0.004”.
- Energy Efficiency
- 70% of the surface area is covered with an active element. This enables the element to run cooler and with longer wavelengths of light, which transfers heat more effectively.
- The etched foil element’s inherent low mass has less thermal inertia, which enables lower operating costs.
Industry Market Applications:
- Personal Care and Kitchen Appliances
- Cars, Automobiles, Trucks and SUVs
- Avionics, Aerospace and Military
- Electronics Industry
- Food Services and Restaurants
- Medical Devices and Sciences
- Reprographics and Office Equipment
- Semiconductors and Wafer Processing
Quality is paramount at Thermal Circuits. We are a certified manufacturer of critical components and an approved ship-to-the production line, zero defect supplier. Our contractual customers perform no incoming inspection of our heaters and heater assemblies. Thermal Circuits' Quality Assurance Department is equipped, staffed, and administered to the requirements of MIL-1-45208A to which we are approved by major subcontractors.
The Quality Management System of Thermal Circuits has been audited and is compliant with the requirements of and is registered to ISO 13485:2003, including ISO 9001:2008.