Global-Supplier to FDA Approved Med-Device OEM's
Product Announcement from Thermal Circuits, Inc.
During 2007, Thermal Circuits’ President and CEO challenged Thermal’s Business Development Team to continue revenue and income growth. At that time, it was decided to focus much of the firm’s marketing and development budgets on re-positioning Thermal Circuits as a Global Supplier to FDA-Approved Medical Device Manufacturers.
Immediately following that decision, an objective was rolled out to Thermal’s Management Team to develop an enterprise-wide enhancement to its Quality Management System. Specifically, ISO-9001:2008 would be maintained and ISO-13485:2003 would be added/obtained in an expeditious fashion.
Hard examples of the prerequisite improvements implemented by Thermal include:
- Identify and communicate all key and critical to quality requirements.
- Attain and continuously improve consistent and valid results that demonstrate the highest possible quality from processes and procedures that represent all aspects of the business.
- Provide training for engineering and quality personnel in IQ, OQ, and PQ.
- Develop control plans, process validation reports, and risk assessments (PFMEA).
- Require acceptable process capability studies on sourced materials.
- Enhance design drawings, route sheets, supplement sheets, and workmanship standards to better control the quality or raw material, work in process, finished goods, and packaging.
The results of these and many additional actions have been:
- Thermal maintains ISO-9001:2008 registration.
- Thermal has received its ISO-13485:2003 registration.
- Thermal has increased its revenue beyond its pre-recession benchmark.
- Thermal has increased its sales to the medical market niche from < 10 % to > 40 % of total revenue.
- Thermal has replaced competitors by providing superior quality, delivery, value, and service.
About Thermal Circuits:
Thermal Circuits Inc. is a manufacturer of surface heaters, air heaters, molded heaters, heater assemblies, and infrared panel emitters. We service a wide variety of markets and geographic areas and, through continuous quality improvement, strive to maintain world-class leadership in all aspects of our business.
"Firsts" from Thermal Circuits continued during the 1970's and 1980's. We designed, prototyped and produced heaters and assemblies for the first etched foil-heated cafeteria food service stations, infant incubators, hospital warming cabinets, automobile side-view mirrors, kitchen electrics(mini-skillets, deep-fat fryers), and personal care appliances(mist hair setters, styling wands).
This growth prompted the construction in 1996 of a single-storied, 52,000 square foot building which is Thermal Circuits' new home. Still in Salem, the company is owned by its corporate partners and is the anchor company in a newly-developed industrial park. The new facility is state-of-the-art and second to none.
A “solution” designer and manufacturer of custom, etched foil heaters and assemblies, would welcome the opportunity of creating an affordable heater designed to your application’s requirements.
- Application Engineering that is responsive and experienced. You can be assured that we will provide an optimal, reliable solution. Let us help you turn your company’s opportunity into a competitive advantage.
- Thermal Uniformity is attained by varying the heater’s watt density, thereby, compensating for heat losses.
- Thermal Responsiveness is a function of the heater’s low mass. Heating and cooling are virtually instantaneous.
- Repeatability through Thermal Circuits’ photo etch process that sustains part-to-part consistency.
- Innovative Manufacturer
-Recognized for using the broadest range of materials
-Dielectrics compatible with integration and challenging environments.
-Element/alloys developed for increased capabilities and lower costs.
- Integrated Sensors
-Thermistors, RTDs, semiconductor-type, thermocouples, thermostats and thermal fuses.
- Turnkey Assemblies
-Metalwork, heat sinks, wire harnesses and flex circuits.
- Space and Weight Efficient
-As thin as 0.004”.
- Energy Efficiency
-70% of the surface area is covered with an active element. This enables the element to run cooler and with longer wavelengths of light, which transfers heat more effectively.
-The etched foil element’s inherent low mass has less thermal inertia, which enables lower operating costs.
Industry Market Applications:
- Personal Care and Kitchen Appliances
- Cars, Automobiles, Trucks and SUVs
- Avionics, Aerospace and Military
- Electronics Industry
- Food Services and Restaurants
- Medical Devices and Sciences
- Reprographics and Office Equipment
- Semiconductors and Wafer Processing
Quality is paramount at Thermal Circuits. We are a certified manufacturer of critical components and an approved ship-to-the production line, zero defect supplier. Our contractual customers perform no incoming inspection of our heaters and heater assemblies. Thermal Circuits' Quality Assurance Department is equipped, staffed, and administered to the requirements of MIL-1-45208A to which we are approved by major subcontractors.
The Quality Management System of Thermal Circuits has been audited and is compliant with the requirements of and is registered to ISO 13485:2003, including ISO 9001:2008.