Product Announcement from Thermo Scientific Environmental and Process Monitoring
To achieve measurement in the mid-infrared the IRIS 4600 analyzer employs unique Difference Frequency Generation (DFG) laser technology. DFG technology combines two near-infrared telecom lasers into a single optical fiber. The combined lasers are then focused into a "non-linear" Periodically Poled Lithium Niobate (PPLN) crystal to access the mid-infrared spectral region.
Using DFG technology to reach the Mid-IR produces a line strength for N2O that is approximately 5,000 times stronger than in the near-infrared region. Additionally, minimal passes within the optical cell reduce the risk for mirror contamination and simplifies maintenance requirements.
- Measures N2O within 1 ppb precision
- Unique Difference Frequency Generation (DFG) laser technology
- Simultaneous measurement of N2O and water vapor
- Exceeds World Meteorological Organization (WMO) ambient Greenhouse Gas specifications
- Single-box solution with internal pump and gas manifold for easy installation