Product Announcement from Celanese Corporation
Ticona Engineering Polymers' thermoplastics and composites portfolio includes thermoplastic solutions for continuous-fiber composites used in light and tough components that can reduce weight, drive down costs and perform in extreme environments.
Fortron® polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) with proven production performance in critical aerospace structures affords:
· Superior FST (flame, smoke, toxicity) performance - exceeds aircraft interior requirements
· High-temperature performance to 240 degrees Celsius (as demonstrated under-the-hood)
· Superior dimensional stability (low shrink, CTE and creep)
· Broad chemical resistance to fuels, oils, solvents, fluids, strong acids, bases (pH 2-12), even at elevated temperatures
· Substantial cost savings vs. other high-temperature polymers