Heat Exchangers for Chemical Processing
Product Announcement from Tranter, Inc.
Now you can enjoy plate heat exchanger performance and efficiency at shell & tube-class temperature and pressure. Tranter plate heat exchanger technology enables you to improve both capacity and thermal control within a compact footprint. Plate exchanger size and weight efficiency also handles erosive and corrosive streams with higher alloys at an attractive price. Through long maintenance cycles, you'll enjoy reduced downtime and boiler fuel savings in energy recovery, reactor thermal control, condensing, vapor separation and other duties.
Plate Technology Flexibility Gives You More Control Under Changing Conditions
Do more with less. Plate heat exchanger technology answers today's challenge for chemical processing. Plate heat transfer efficiency promises and delivers benefits in:
- Size and weight efficiency helping to accommodate capacity expansions
- Compact size helping make higher alloy units more affordable, with shorter lead-times
- Low hold-up volume with rapid thermal response, for precise process control throughout load swings
- Extremely high heat transfer rates and practical temperature approaches as low as 1°C (2°F)
- High internal turbulence, reducing fouling and scaling tendencies for longer maintenance cycles
- Highly configurable thermal length for outstanding performance in boiling, evaporating and condensing duties
- A rapidly growing portfolio of diverse, successful CPI applications spanning commodity, life science, specialty and consumer chemical segments, signifying a maturing technology base
Within our CPI market section see a sampling of just some of the segments and applications in which our exchangers are improving processes and economy. See why leading CPI companies choose Tranter plate heat exchangers, spiral heat exchangers and shell and plate heat exchangers for high-performance plate technology that optimizes thermal and hydraulic design in difficult duties such as:
- Reactor thermal control (internal/external)
- Reboilers (kettle or thermosyphon)
- Spiral heat exchangers for heating or heat recovery from low-grade and/or particle-laden, viscous or thixotropic streams-PVC slurry interchangers; sulfuric acid/oleum, acrylic acid, titanium dioxide cooling and soda ash cooling
- Corrosive/erosive fluid thermal control
- Overhead or multistage condensers incorporating single-channel spiral heat exchangers configured as with long condensation paths that maximize recovery with resins such as PVC
- Multi-level distillation condensers-coolers/preheaters
- Flue gas heat recovery banks
- Waste gas treatment heat recovery
- Wash water heating systems
- Waste water heat recovery
- Solids drying (drums and shells)
- Closed cooling loops protecting critical equipment
Detailed Application Engineering And Documentation
For heat exchanger units in critical service, Tranter can provide all major types of calculations and stability analysis, including motion load, wind load, seismic load, nozzle load and even detailed finite element analysis calculations if required. A dedicated Document Control Department produces documents in accordance with the most stringent of customer requirements.
Tranter fabricates in accordance with all major design codes, specifically ASME Section VIII Division 1 with U stamp, PED 97/23/EU with CE stamp and API 662 / ISO 15547. All Tranter manufacturing centers worldwide are certified according to ISO 9001:2008.
Global Service Coverage
Efficient operation is the key to optimum return of investment. Service centers located worldwide are ready to assist with OEM plates, gaskets, assembled plate packs, cleaning services and replacement units. Tranter sources systems in easy range of power generating stations, minimizing lead-time and freight for accommodating tight project schedules. With Tranter authorized service, you can always be sure that you get the right gaskets, the right plates and our OEM Guarantee. This ensures that the heat exchanger fulfills the original standards as well as the new common European Pressure Vessel Code, PED (Pressure Equipment Directive) highlighting the use of genuine parts regarding health and safety requirements.