Product Announcement from Trent, Inc.
Maximum Temperature: 1000°F / 538°C
Used to melt lead and babbitt.
Trent Stationary Melting Pots – MT Series are fabricated from ½ inch thick steel or heavier using welded steel construction. TRENT Folded and Formed® heating elements are mounted to the inner casing walls with grooved porcelain retainers. The elements radiate uniform heat directly to the pot outer surface walls. This quickly and effectively transfers the heat to the material you are melting. This method prevents pot stresses and hot spotting that tends to shorten pot life.
The pots are usually floor mounted and designed with a mounting stand, a pouring spout and hand wheel tilt pouring gear box arrangement or quick-acting handle. A control well opening at the bottom of the pot crucible effectively allows the control thermostat to sense the pot and material temperature to the maximum operating temperature of 1000°F.
• Standard parts with little or no maintenance required
• High-grade mineral board insulation
• Heavy-duty steel pots fabricated from 1/2" steel or heavier
using welded steel construction
• Wrap-around brim to prevent material from spilling into
the heat chamber
• Easy access to the pot cavity
• Pouring spout to direct the flow of the melted material
• TRENT Folded and Formed® heating elements for long life
and superior direct radiant heat transfer to the pot outer walls
• Thermostat sensing thermocouple
• Fused safety disconnect switch
• Switch gear and control package
• Motor driven tilting mechanism
• Special purpose accessories