Product Announcement from TURCK Inc.
These innovative sensors use signal attenuation to reliably detect ferromagnetic components such as nuts, bushings and spacer sleeves and ensure these necessary components are present before robotic welding occurs—with no additional software or electronics required. TURCK's weld nut sensors are easily integrated into existing production lines, replacing traditional location bolts and providing an exceptional solution for sheet metal processing in chassis construction.
Several features of the weld nut sensor make it particularly simple to set-up and use:
- Reliably detects weld nuts, sleeves and other steel components used in vehicle component assembly
- Pairs with a customer-provided stainless steel sleeve to provide the sensor with additional mechanical protection
- Features simplified programming and an easy-to-use teach function to effortlessly adapt to existing production lines
- Provides an economic and process safe alternative to optical-based systems
- Immediately signals missing components to prevent production of rejects for smooth, error-free operations
- Features rugged IP67 chrome-plated brass body to withstand harsh automotive environments
- Offers temperature compensation to withstand thermal changes in welding zones
- Requires no additional software or electronics