Product Announcement from United Electric Controls Company
Extra Wide On-Off Dead-Band Pressure Switches
UE offers both electromechanical and solid state pressure switch solutions for applications where adjustable wide on-off Dead-Bands (or Differential) are required to minimize cycling, nuisance trips, extend equipment life, or fine-tune a process. From our electromechanical line we offer the weather-tight 100 Series and the Explosion-proof 120 Series. Or select from the electronic One Series that allows keypad input of any dead-band value from 0.1 to 99.9% of the range.
The 100 Series is a cost-effective pressure and temperature switch for process plants and OEM equipment. The rugged, one piece enclosure features a slanted cover for wiring accessibility.
A wide variety of microswitch and process-connection options make this versatile series ideal for applications requiring a rugged weatherproof mechanical switch. Typical applications that utilize the 100 Series are heat tracing, freeze protection, processing equipment (pumps, compressors), inputs for annunciator panels, and fire suppression systems.
• UL listed and cUL certified CE compliant to low voltage directive and pressure equipment directive. Optional ATEX or GOST intrinsic safety compliance
• Single switch (SPDT or DPDT) output
• Welded stainless steel diaphragm models
• Ultra low pressure, "wc models
• Optional sensor material for corrosive media
• Polished stainless steel sanitary connection
• Pump switch models with wide adjustable deadband
As safety requirements become more stringent, the determining factor in specifying an industrial pressure, differential pressure and/or temperature switch rests upon that switch protecting equipment, processes and personnel. Meeting hazardous location requirements through adherence to cULus and ATEX standards, UE's 120 Series is the choice where potentially explosive or highly corrosive atmospheres exist. Additionally, the 120 Series is suitable for use within safety instrumented systems (SIS) according to standard IEC 61511-1. Several 120 Series models have a SIL capability of SIL 2 based upon "proven in use" performance. The 120 Series offers a variety of pressure, vacuum, differential pressure and temperature ranges, as well as port connections, wetted materials and sensor types. With a common flexible platform, models can quickly be adapted at the factory for special requirements, such as ranges, process connections and electrical ratings. Typical industries using 120 Series switches include chemical, petrochemical, refinery, oil and gas production and transmission, and pharmaceuticals.
• Approvals include cULus and ATEX
• Optional approvals for Russia, Ukraine, China and Australia
• Internal adjustment screw or external adjustment via calibrated dial(s) with tamper resistant cover
• Integral cover lock
• SPDT, DPDT or dual SPDT output
• Wide variety of sensor materials
• Optional HastelloyR and MonelR sensor material for corrosive media
• Wide adjustable deadband models
• Flush mount sensors
• Stainless steel flanges conforming to ANSI standards
• Heat tracing temperature models
• Most models available for immediate delivery!
United Electric Controls (UE) is renowned for high-quality workmanship and product design, and the One Series carries this nearly 80-year tradition well beyond electromechanical switches. UE's One Series line of digital electronic pressure and temperature switches sets new standards for quality, reliability and versatility. Designed to meet the needs of harsh and hazardous applications, the One Series' advanced self-diagnostics and digital electronics provide the most reliable switches for a variety of diverse industries.
The One Series from UE allows you to choose from explosion-proof, intrinsically safe and non incendive models that monitor gauge pressure, differential pressure or temperature. With up to two fully adjustable set points and deadbands, available 4-20 mA analog output, and absolutely no moving parts, these versatile instruments can now be used in a wide variety of applications where switches weren't previously considered. Featuring a solid-state design, UE's One Series is your best choice for tough applications with high cycle rates, vibration and shock. For plant upgrades, there are a variety of power options ranging from 2-wire discrete and analog loop-powered models to externally powered models that can deliver up to 280 VAC at 10 amperes to the load.
With an integral digital display and 4-20 mA output, the One Series from UE can effectively do the job of three – replacing a switch, a gauge and a transmitter. Powerful yet easy to install, the One Series from UE features tamper-resistance, intuitive programming, and set-up that is fast and easy.
• Digital process display
• Programmable set point and deadband
• Self-diagnostic solid-state digital electronics
• Plug port detection
• Nuisance trip filtering
• Patented electronic IAW® self-diagnostics
• Min/Max process values memory