Lead Screw Assemblies
Product Announcement from Universal Thread Grinding Company
Universal's high quality lead screw assemblies meet your most demanding micro positioning applications. Specify lead accuracies of 10 microinches per turn, and 25 microinches per inch - the best in the industry!
Unmatched lead accuracies minimize thread helix nonlinearity, and eliminate the "once around" banding problems common in high performance graphic imaging equipment, including color scanners, recorders, and printers. Other application examples include wire bonders, disk drive testers, and linear slide systems.
Standard: 0.000050"/turn, 0.000100"/inch
Available: 0.000010"/turn, 0.000025"/inch
1/4" diameter, travel to 8"
1/2" diameter, travel to 24"
3/4" diameter, travel to 31"
Commonly used leads from 0.025" to 0.400", 1 mm to 5 mm.
Standard units are stocked for immediate shipment.
- Smoothness of operation
- No noise
- Absolute and repeatable positioning accuracy over a distance
- Self-aligning nut eliminates side loading of linear bearings and prevents nut binding or positioning error due to misalignment in lead screw installation
- Self-compensation for pitch diameter variation extends life expectancy without performance degradation
- Minimum helical nonlinearity within a revolution (drunkenness). Important for equal step size or constant velocity applications
- Anti-backlash nut design for bidirectional repeatability