Product Announcement from Van Air Systems, Inc.
Dry-O-Lite, the industry-leading deliquescent desiccant, is a chemical drying agent specifically formulated for Van Air single tower compressed air dryers and natural gas Pipeline Dryers. Dry-O-Lite is a dense hygroscopic tablet that absorbs water vapor from streams of compressed air or gas. The surface of the desiccant tablet dissolves slowly, forming a brine solution which drops from the surface. The tablet continuously dissolves, or deliquesces, until the desiccant is fully consumed.
In a properly sized Freedom Dryer or Pipeline Dryer, Dry-O-Lite will establish a relative humidity of 55%, which equates to a dew point approximately 20°F lower than the temperature of the compressed air or gas at the inlet of the dryer.
Features and Benefits
- No energy consumption
- Prevents condensation
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Prevents wintertime air and gas line freeze-ups
- Environmentally safe
- Low cost of operation relative to refrigerated dryers and regenerative desiccant dryers
- ¾" tablet
- Little or no maintenance on drying equipment
- Available in 50# bags, 50# pails, 506# steel drums and 2,000# bulk bags
- Abrasive blasting
- Portable air drying
- Low pressure gases, e.g. digester gas and landfill gas
- Remote outdoor locations without electricity
- Fuel gas dehydration for natural gas
- Ready-mix, asphalt, and concrete plants
- Pulp and paper
- Steel mills
- Dirty environments or areas with electrical classification restrictions