BLZP Plug Connectors with Wire Guard
Product Announcement from Weidmuller
Weidmuller has a new line of printed circuit board plug connectors with an innovative wire guard feature- the BLZP series. This series of 5.00mm and 5.08mm plug connectors is designed to maximize customer product quality by assuring error free wire insertion.
The BLZP wire guard feature actually prevents the user from accidentally inserting wires under the clamping mechanism - a condition that would result in a substandard electrical contact. By preventing this occurrence, the BLZP saves users time that would be spent diagnosing faults, as well as costly reworks.
The BLZP series also offers users a range of features designed to save on installation time and reduce costs, including:
- Incorporating universal clamping screws that are compatible with either standard flat or Philips screwdrivers
- Availability of connectors with optional release levers to ensure the wires are not pulled out accidentally while unmating them, greatly reducing the risk of damage to the installation
- Improved efficiency during installation by shipping the BLZP connectors to customers with the clamping yokes already in the open position, eliminating the added step of opening the yoke to insert the wire during installation
- Available in 2 to 24 poles in standard configurations, in both black and orange
- RoHS compliant and have UL approval
Weidmuller is the leading provider of solutions for the transmission of power, data and control signals in industrial environments. The company develops, produces and sells industrial electronics, network infrastructure components and connectivity solutions such as Wireless Solutions, Industrial Ethernet, Relays, Power Supplies, I/O modules, printed circuit board connectors, terminal blocks and complete DIN Rail assemblies. The Weidmuller group has a strong international focus with manufacturing and sales locations in over 70 countries.