Product Announcement from Weldon Solutions
The Weldon UGC is a small part CNC grinding system ideally suited for internal, external and face grinding in a chucking mode. An optional "C" axis package provides non-round (cam) grinding capability.
Designed for the use or conventional or super abrasives, the UGC can accommodate both diamond and CBN grinding wheels. The UGC can be equipped with up to three (3) grinding spindles for multiple feature grinding (bores, outside diameters, faces, etc.) in a single set-up.
Typical applications include small gears, rings, wear plates, bushings, valve components, and bearings.
- GE/Fanuc model 21i-TB CNC control, and servo drives featuring GE Fanuc AC digital technology. Includes a battery backup absolute feedback system eliminating the need to reference at each start-up.
- Cast iron machine base providing stiffness, vibration control, and thermal stability.
- Pressurized Vee & Flat way system for smooth, controlled linear motion.
- Dressing diamond holder pneumatically positioned for tooling clearance.
- Live spindle workhead with straight recess spindle nose. Features a tandum set of angular contact bearings.
- 80 mm spindle housing and spindle lubrication plumbing.
- Full enclosure with manual sliding door assembly and multiple maintenance access window panels.
- Programmable workhead with Heidenhain rotary scale for non-round applications.
- GMN high frequency grinding spindles with threaded or HSK quill arrangements. Spindles sized to suit the application.
- OD grinding spindle, straight or angular, with variable speed drive.
- Multiple grinding spindle configurations providing the opportunity for mounting two ID spindles, or one OD and one ID spindle to perform multiple grinds in a single set-up
- Electric rotary dressing systems for super abrasive dressing or extended diamond life when processing with standard abrasives.
- Work holding solutions can be addressed with a variety of systems such as manual and powered jaw chucks, collet chucks, magnetic faceplates, vacuum chucks, expanding arbors, pitch-line chucks, and custom fixtures.
- Automation involving gantry systems, Fanuc 6 axis robots, or custom alternatives can be factory integrated on a turnkey basis.
- Coolant supply and filtration systems are available to suit any application; magnetic, fabric, cyclonic, pressure, and combination filtration units can be provided.
Read our latest Weldon UGC case study at http://www.weldonsolutions.com/downloads/126_UGC_SingleID_Study.PDF
Learn more about the Weldon UGC CNC Grinder at http://www.weldonsolutions.com/grinders/ugc.asp