Product Announcement from Xerxes Corporation
Features of Xerxes Tanks
- Constructed of rustproof, long-lasting fiberglass
- Manufactured to meet customers' functional requirements
- Designed with integral ribs for added strength
- Designed for H-20 load conditions
- Easy to ship and install
- Available from four U.S. manufacturing locations
- Manufactured to applicable requirements of Underwriters
- Laboratories and AmericanWaterWorks Association standards
- Able to be reinstalled after recertification
- Available in single-wall, double-wall and triple-wall models
- Available in sizes from 600 gallons to sizes in excess of 60,000 gallons
National benchmark for green building
The U.S. Green Building Council promotes the design and construction of buildings that are environmentally responsible, profitable and healthy places to live and work. This organization developed and administers the LEED Green Building Rating System that is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings. LEED recognizes performance in six key areas of new construction and major renovations: sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, indoor environmental quality, and innovation and design process. The LEED credit system is an easy way to identify projects and project components that meet this nationally accepted standard. As shown on the following pages, Xerxes tanks can be part of a variety of applications that may qualify for LEED credits.
Source: U.S. Green Building Council, November, 2007
When people think of Green Building, they often think of the more obvious elements they see in design, such as energy conservation and environmentally friendly materials. Project owners and designers sometimes miss less obvious components that are just as important, such as stormwater management, water efficient landscaping, innovative wastewater technologies and water use reduction.
Xerxes Corporation understands the importance of green building requirements associated with each project. It is a natural extension of what Xerxes Corporation has always done. Before green building was formalized, Xerxes' rust proof, watertight fiberglass tanks provided safe storage of liquids while protecting the environment. Xerxes has been an innovator, designing and manufacturing high-quality, cost-effective fiberglass tanks that provide reliable, long-term solutions for underground storage of liquids.
A major tank supplier to the petroleum industry, Xerxes has applied its engineering and manufacturing expertise to the water and wastewater industry, and has become widely accepted as a superior option for underground storage or processing of liquids in a wide range of applications.
Green Building projects designed with water and/or wastewater management in mind, will generally require water storage or process tanks. That is where Xerxes products come in. Green Building designs that incorporate Xerxes fiberglass products may well qualify for points under the U.S. Green Building Council's sustainable sites and water efficiency categories of its Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Green Building Rating System™. Below is a list of Categories where credits may apply when using Xerxes fiberglass tanks.
Water Efficiency (WE)
- WE Credit 1.1: Water Efficient Landscaping (Reduce by 50 percent)
- WE Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping (No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation)
- WE Credit 2: Innovative Wastewater Technologies
- WE Credit 3.1: Water Use Reduction (20 percent Reduction)
- WE Credit 3.2: Water Use Reduction (30 percent Reduction)
Sustainable Sites (SS)
- SS Credit 6.1 and 6.2: Stormwater Design: Quality Control