PEEK Insulated Wire
Product Announcement from Zeus
PEEK Insulated Wire results from the intermingling of PEEK with copper wire. PEEK Insulated Wire has high continuous operating temperature, excellent abrasion and chemical resistance, and dielectric strength.
Designed specifically for use in challenging environments, typical applications include magnet and winding wire for motors and electrical insulation. For some applications, little or no varnish is required and material properties are maintained in long, continuous lengths without pinholes. PEEK Insulated Wire is widely used in petroleum, automotive, aerospace, and electrical industries.
Current capabilities consist of extrusions in a wide range of sizes from 6 gauge to 32 gauge, including ½ sizes. Insulated PEEK Wire is available in amorphous and crystalline forms with various sizes and can be spliced using Zeus PEEKshrink®.
Capabilities and Sizing
- #4 to #40 AWG sizes including ½ sizes
- Wall thickness ranging from 0.001?-0.015? (0.025 mm - 0.381 mm)
- 100% AC spark tested during extrusion
- Amorphous or crystalline PEEK Insulated Wire available
- Round, stranded, square, and rectangular profiles available
- High continuous operating temperature to 500 °F (260 °C)
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Dielectric strength
- Chemical resistance
- Protects against corrosion