One Way Bearings
Product Announcement from Boca Bearing Company
Drawn cup needle roller clutches have a small radial section height and are also commonly known as One Way Bearings or Anti-Reverse Bearings. This design uses the same small radial section as drawn cup needle roller bearings which make better use of available space. The units are compact, lightweight and operate directly on a shaft; they are also suitable for transmitting high torque.
One Way Bearings are designed to transmit torque between the shaft and housing in one direction and allow free motion in the opposite direction. Proper mounting is easily accomplished with a simple press fit in the housing. Clutches and clutch and bearing assemblies are offered both in inch and metric series. One Way Bearings without bearing assemblies are indicated by suffix: HF/FC/RC. One Way Bearings with bearing assemblies are indicated by suffix: HFL/FCB/RCB.
• HFL series has two integral radial bearings arranged on both sides of needle roller clutch. They can therefore support radial forces in particularly space-saving bearing arrangements.
• Plastic springs (HFL...KF) are available for some sizes.
• Partially knurled outer ring (HFL...R) is available upon request.
• A special tool is suggested when assembling the clutch and bearing assembly. For details please contact our engineers.
• Only after the clutch and bearing assembly has been pressed into the hole of the housing, the drawn thin-walled outer ring could then obtain its final dimension and geometric accuracy.
• The transmissible torque and the stresses which can be taken by the housing are subject to the material and the wall thickness of the housing, and such data is needed upon enquiry.
• The clutch and bearing assembly can be normally used in temperature range from -30°C to 120°C. For the working environment above 70°C, oil lubrication is recommended.
ONE WAY BEARING DESIGN FEATURES
• Torque can be transmitted by either the housing or the shaft.
• Torque is positively transmitted by rollers that wedge against interior ramps.
• Transition from free motion to lock occurs with minimal backlash or lost motion.
• Available as clutch-only or as a clutch and bearing assembly.
• Clutch-only units should be used with external radial support to hold the shaft and housing.
ONE WAY BEARING APPLICATIONS
• Paper moving for copiers, fax machines, paper towel dispensers, etc.
• Exercise equipment
• Two-speed gearboxes
• Rack indexing drives
• Converters, non-return devices and transcendental clutches.
• Fishing Reels, RC Cars, RC Helis, RC Engines
More About Boca Bearing Company: Since 1987, one of our primary goals at the Boca Bearing Company has been to maintain the world's largest inventory of miniature bearings in all of the most popular metric and inch sizes. We also have an extensive inventory of special sizes and styles, including ceramic hybrids, full ceramics, specialty coatings, lubrication and more. Currently, the Boca Bearing Company has over 6000 different sizes and well over 4 million items in stock. We have no minimum orders and ship 99% of all orders within 24 hours.