Product Announcement from KTR Corporation
BoWex® couplings can be assembled both vertically or horizontally with no need for any special assembly tools.
- Curved tooth plug-in coupling (two-part) made from nylon
- Maintenance-free due to material combination nylon
- Compensation for shaft misalignment; axial - radial - angular
- Low own weight as well as low flywheel torques
- Axial plug-in - easy assembly
- Operative range -25°C to +100°C
- Available from stock with finish bore for standard shafts
- Including feather keyway according to DIN 6885 page 1 and thread for setscrew
- Tolerance of the bore + 0.05 - 0.1 feather keyway ± 0.08
BoWex® Curved-tooth gear couplings® are flexible shaft connections for a positive torque transmission and specifically suitable to compensate for axial, radial and angular shaft misalignment. According to the well-known effect of curved-tooth gear couplings any edge pressure in the spline in case of angular and radial displacements is avoided so that BoWex couplings are almost free from wear.