Product Announcement from Schuster Electronics, Inc.
Schuster Electronics offers the Harting Han-Eco®, a hood and housing series made of thermoplastic material. Han-Eco® is the ideal solution for applications that do not require the full range of product features offered by the Han® B series of hoods and housings, and users want to take advantage of the weight and cost advantages.
Like the Han® B standard series, the Han-Eco® series is available in the following sizes: 6 B, 10 B, 16 B and 24 B. Depending on size, versions of the hoods with straight or angled entries and housings, bulkhead mounting, can be supplied. The cable exits are available with metric threading, a cable gland is implemented. For housing sizes 6 B and 10 B size of the cable gland is M32, for 16 B and 24 B cable gland M40 is used. Han-Eco® hoods and housings are made of high-performance plastic that is highly resistant to environmental stress and, in combination with the design, provides very good mechanical stability. When the connector is closed and locked, it provides degree of protection IP 65 as defined in DIN EN 60 529. The material also meets demanding flammability requirements of UL 94 Class V 0.
Fast, simple assembly is another outstanding product feature. Click-and-mate design eliminates the need for tools during assembly of the Han-Eco® hoods and housings. The Han-Eco® hoods and housings is compatible with the range of modules from the Han-Modular® series. One extra module fits into the Han-Eco® hoods and housing compared to the equivalent product in the Han® B Standard series. This special feature applies to all four sizes. Features include:
- Available in sizes 6 B, 10 B, 16 B and 24 B including integrated cable glands
- Capable for applications according protection class II
- Same panel cut out as Han® B housings, bulkhead mounting
- Optional PE contact module for hold the protective ground conductor
- Not mating compatible with series Han® B
- New hoods/housings series made of thermoplastic material with excellent mechanical properties and high resistance against environmental influence
- Weight and cost optimised
- Quick assembly without screws and tools (click and mate)
- One extra module fits into the Han-Eco® hoods/housings compared to equivalent size of Han® B series
Applications: suitable for outdoor applications
Visit the Schuster Electronics website or contact a sales representative at 800-877-6875.