Description: No Description Provided
- Foam Type: Open Cellular, Flexible
- Reticular: Yes
- Form / Shape: Fabricated Shapes / Parts (Molded, Cast), Stock Shape (Bar, Sheet, etc.), Board / Block / Bun, Film / Sheet
- Material / Composition: Plastic / Polymer, Elastomer / Rubber, Thermoset / Crosslinked
Supplier: Armacell LLC
Description: insulation. Their closed-cell structure prevents condensation and moisture wicking, and makes an efficient insulation. It is manufactured without the use of CFCs, HFCs or HCFCs. It is made with Microban® antimicrobial product protection, EPA registered for use in air ducts (EPA Reg. No. 1258-840-42182
- Foam Type: Closed Cellular, Flexible
- Form / Shape: Film / Sheet, Other
- Material / Composition: Elastomer / Rubber
- Application: Acoustics / Sound Proofing, HVAC, Shock / Vibration Dampening
Supplier: Qosina Corp.
Description: Qosina’s precision polyurethane foam swabs are excellent for wiping fiber optic connectors or cleaning tight areas. A moisture-wicking foam head for applying solvents or other liquids is attached without adhesives to a polypropylene handle.
- Tip / Head Material: Synthetic / Polyester, Specialty / Other
- Tip Length: 0.1500 inch
- Overall Length: 2.67 inch
Pycnometers - Automatic Gas Pycnometer for Characterization of Foams -- UltraFoam 1200e & PentaFoam 5200eSupplier: Quantachrome Instruments
Description: and wicking. The standard technique used by the Foam pycnometers is that of gas expansion from a calibrated sample chamber into a reference volume. The solid and closed cell volume of the sample is calculated from the relationship of the calibrated cell volumes and the pressures before and after
- Technology Type: Digital Instrument
- Media Type: Solid
- Specimen Cell Volume Range: 10 to 135 cc
- Display & Special Features: Laboratory Style (Benchtop or Handheld), Computer Interface / Networkable, Data Storage Options
Supplier: TMP Technologies, Inc.
Description: are recognized include: Polyurethane foam conversions Techniques such as profile forming, laminations, die-cutting and complete fabrications Applications of various patented surface coatings to foams with open cell and fine cell structures Various foams for reservoiring and wicking Homogenous foam
- Foam Material: Polyurethane Foam
- Type: Open Cellular
- Capabilities: Contour Cutting, Convolutions, Die Cutting, Finished Product Assembly, Hot Wire Cutting, Laminating, Routing, Slitting, Water / Abrasive Jet Machining, Other
- Industry Served: Automotive / Transportation, Consumer / Furniture, Cushioning, Sealing / Gasketing, Medical, Packaging, Wicking / Reservoir, Other
Supplier: Toughweld Workwear
Description: Altama 8" EXOSpeed II Boot Height – 8" Sole Pattern – Lug Protective Foam Impact Pods Lining – Dual-Zone Wicking and Breathable Air Mesh Outsole – Slip, Acid and Oil Resistant, Non Marking Rubber Midsole – Molded EVA with Moisture Wicking Top Liner
Supplier: UFP Technologies, Inc.
Description: custom component, packaging or product. Close to 10% of UFP Technologies' employees are part of our engineering team, with an average tenure of 12 years with the Company. Foam Fabrication: UFP Technologies is one of the largest foam fabricators in North America. We offer a vast array of capabilities
- Foam Material: Polyester Foam, Polyether Foam, Polyethylene Foam, Polystyrene Foam, Polyurethane Foam, Cross-linked PE Foam, Other
- Type: Closed Cellular, Open Cellular, Flexible/Soft Foam, Rigid Foam, Reticulated
- Capabilities: Convolutions, Die Cutting, Finished Product Assembly, Foam Felting, Gluing or Foam Welding, Heat Impressions, Heat Seaming, Laminating, Molding, Routing, Slitting, Thermal Forming, Water / Abrasive Jet Machining
- Industry Served: Acoustics / Sound Proofing, Automotive / Transportation, Baffling / Safety Foam, Buoyancy, Case Inserts, Filtration, Sealing / Gasketing, HVAC, Marine, Medical, Military / Aerospace, Packaging, Shock / Vibration Dampening, Wicking / Reservoir
Find Suppliers by Category Top
Conduct Research Top
Medical Device Link .
adhesives. Supplied in widths to 173 cm, the structures meet defined absorbency, loft, wicking, repellency, release, and barrier characteristics. The line includes alginate pads and impregnated antibacterial pads. Elastic Delnet films are engineered to achieve precise rates of permeability. The fine
Medical Device Link . MEDTEC 98 Exhibitor Profiles
for wicking, storage, transfer, filtration, and liquid applications. Specialty profile shapes are available. Products offered include wicks and wick/reservoirs used in diagnostic test devices, prefilter media, swab tips, and pipette filter media designed to prevent sample cross-contamination. Stand
Medical Device Link . Advances in Adhesives and Pressure-Sensitive Components
for high-volume applications such as needle bonding," says medical manager Laurie Gibbons. A wicking-grade adhesive, 4L47 can also be used to bond housings and plastic components. The resulting bond lines are colourless and transparent but fluoresce under the influence of UV light
Medical Device Link .
components and wicking biological fluids in in vitro diagnostic devices. Dual-coated tapes can have a hydrophilic coating on one side and a pressure-sensitive or heat-sealable coating on the other. “The demand for these technologies is driven by the products’ hydrophilic properties,” says Hopp
More Information on: Wicking Foam Top
Shock ignition of thermonuclear fuel: principles and modelling
DT- wicked foam ablator targets. .
Nike direct-drive ICF program
Ideuterium wicked foams is critical .
New direct-drive radiation preheated high-gain target designs for laser fusion
A more optimized target shown in fig.5 includes a 5 tm thick Cii shell surrounding an ablator consisting of DT- wicked foam with a CH density of 75 mg/cm3.
Direct-Drive Inertial Fusion Research at the University of Rochester's Laboratory for Laser Energetics: A Review
Significantly higher gams are calculated for targets that include a DT- wicked foam ablator.
Short Pulse Laser Applications Design
To convert to an indirect-drive design, a Beryllium-copper ablator replaced the wicked foam ablator, although alternatives using high-density carbon and doped plastic give similar 1-D performance.
Classical and ablative Richtmyer–Meshkov instability and other ICF-relevant plasma flows diagnosed with monochromatic x-ray imaging
Laser imprint on cryogenic hydrogen- wicked foam : (a) streak image; (b) time history of the rms areal mass fluctuation. .
Designing Experiments for Direct Measurement of Wheat Photosynthesis in Microgravity
Evaluations included: 1) no wicking ( foam root-shoot barrier alone), 2) brown germination paper, nitex (nylon), and 3) spun polypropylene fabric.
Turbulence generation by a shock wave interacting with a random density inhomogeneity field
This situation emerges naturally in a shock interaction with weakly inhomogeneous deuterium- wicked foam targets in inertial confinement fusion and with density clumps/clouds in astrophysics.
Analytical linear theory for the interaction of a planar shock wave with a two- or three-dimensional random isotropic density field.
This kind of interaction is important in inertial confinement fusion where shocks travel into weakly inhomogeneous cryogenic deuterium- wicked foams , and also in astrophysics, where shocks interact with interstellar density clumps.
Turbulence generation by a shock wave interacting with a random density
This situation emerges naturally in shock interaction with weakly inhomo- geneous deuterium- wicked foam targets in Inertial Confinement Fusion (ICF) and with density clumps/clouds in astrophysics.
Silicon subsystem mechanical engineering work for the solenoidal detector collaboration
91 Figure 3.4.1-3 Test data from a 1.1 p n pore radius molded polystyrene foam wick .....93 Figure 3.4.1-4 Polystyrenewick test piece.
Summary of evaporative cooling system for the SSC silicon tracker
Polystyrene Foam Wicks .