GlobalSpec Announces Impressive Growth in 2010
Strong Sales Growth, Over 860,000 New Registered Users, Roll-out of 21 e-Events, Significant Expansion of Content, Continued Growth of e-Newsletters and New Product Releases
East Greenbush, NY – (Business Wire) – 2/22/2011 –GlobalSpec (www.globalspec.com), the leading specialized search engine, information resource, e-publishing and online events company for the engineering, technical and industrial communities, today announced that it reached new milestones in 2010, highlighted by strong year-over-year sales growth, as well as significant growth in registered users, published content and new product offerings.
During 2010, GlobalSpec:
- added over 860,000 registered users; total registered users now exceed 6.3 million;
- rolled out 21 e-Events (virtual trade shows), and has nearly 30 planned for 2011;
- continued to refine and extend its specification-based search platforms for industrial and technical products. The site now has over 2.5 million digital "product data sheets" that include product images, descriptions and technical specifications that trigger sales leads, RFQs or front-end e-commerce transactions;
- further scaled its subscriber bases and subscriptions-in-force for e-Newsletters (62 digital titles) and e-Alerts (online product alerts now available in 131 industrial/technical product areas);
- launched its new "Standard Directory Listing" product, designed to provide industrial companies with targeted online brand exposure;
- improved its graphical reporting for clients through a new lead/traffic management portal;
- added the capability for clients to link to social media platforms - such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter – and to include videos on their company profile on GlobalSpec;
- continued to experience very strong growth on its award-winning community site for the industrial sector—CR4—which facilitates peer-to-peer online discussion between engineers, purchasing agents, scientists and other manufacturing sector knowledge workers
"2010 was another very successful year for GlobalSpec, despite the continued challenging economic climate within the industrial sector," said company Chairman & CEO Jeffrey M. Killeen. "Last year, despite a down economy, we continued to invest in our search platforms, content development and new product and application development for both our buy-side and sell-side communities. Our continued commitment to innovation and market leadership within our category of B2B search, industrial product information and e-media allowed us to add both new users and new supplier clients, setting us up for strong growth in 2011 and beyond."
About GlobalSpec, Inc.
GlobalSpec, Inc. is the leading specialized vertical search, information services, e-publishing and online events company serving the engineering, technical and industrial communities. GlobalSpec users benefit from domain-expert search engines, a broad range of proprietary and aggregated Web-based content, online events, the CR4 peer-to-peer and professional networking site and more than 60 e-newsletters - helping them search for and locate products and services, learn about suppliers and access comprehensive technical content. SpecSearch®, GlobalSpec's trademarked search technology, allows users to search by specification more than 164 million parts in 2.3 million product families from more than 40,000 supplier catalogs. For suppliers, GlobalSpec offers highly filtered sales and marketing opportunities, product promotion and brand advertising platforms, including the GlobalSpec Industrial Ad Network, and a wide range of e-media advertising and marketing solutions.
GlobalSpec, SpecSearch, The Engineering Search Engine and The Engineering Web are registered trademarks of GlobalSpec, Inc.