GlobalSpec Alternative & Renewable Energy Event Draws 2,100
Educational sessions, exhibitor content highlighted
the latest technologies and solutions in the rapidly changing energy market
East Greenbush, NY (May 17, 2011) – The April 27 GlobalSpec "Alternative & Renewable Energy" online event drew more than 2,100 participants who learned the newest trends in today's energy market, including developments in solar power, wind and geothermal energy, and battery and hydrogen fuel cell solutions. This online event was the latest in a series of GlobalSpec events that offer attendees targeted opportunities to discover new products, technologies and applications from leading manufacturers and gain valuable knowledge on developments relevant to their industry and profession.
"Our recent Alternative & Renewable Energy event was a huge success, drawing more than 2,100 attendees," said Chris Chariton, senior vice president of product management & supplier marketing for GlobalSpec. "On average, these participants spent over an hour at the event, gathering the latest news and trends delivered from expert keynote speakers and interacting with manufacturers in the event's Exhibit Hall."
Speakers and topics at the event included:
- Mega Trends in Alternative and Renewable Energy: Roberta Gamble, Director of Energy & Environment, Frost & Sullivan – This presentation focused on global mega trends that are likely to impact alternative and renewable markets. Mega trends can aid strategic decision-making in areas including research and development, product planning, human resource management, and marketing.
- Small Compressors for Compact Refrigeration-Based Cooling: Ron Wysk, Vice President of Business Development, Aspen Compressor - This presentation discussed how small direct current (DC) refrigeration compressors have created opportunities for new and innovative cooling products. Compact cooling systems can be powered by batteries, fuel cells, vehicle alternators, or solar panels to create mobile, portable, or stationary cooling systems with high power densities.
- Going Green with LED Lighting Technology: Dan Polito, Chief Marketing Officer, Dialight Corporation - Whether in response to mandatory regulations or voluntary energy initiatives, organizations can lower their carbon footprint and raise their energy efficiency by using LED lighting technology.
- The Future of Sustainable Energy: Innovative Polymer Solutions for PV Modules: Phoebe H. Kwan, Product Manager, Photovoltaics, Saint-Gobain Solar - New materials offering unique benefits are helping manufacturers approach grid parity with high-quality, lightweight photovoltaic (PV) modules.
- Powering Sensors in Hostile Environments: Fady Mishriki, CEO/Business Development & Co-Founder, Power-by-Proxi - In wet, dirty environments - especially where rotational movement is involved - power cables and physical connectors are problematic, expensive, and unreliable. Power transfer without wires or frictional contact ensures sensor operation in hard-to-reach locations.
- Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulator for Wind Turbine Control System Software Testing: Samir Bico, Design Engineer, Siemens Wind Power A/S - Hardware in the loop (HIL) testing is a powerful method to test embedded control systems. In this presentation, Siemens Wind Power described how to develop a scalable and high-performance HIL test platform for testing the regular software releases of wind turbine control systems.
Companies exhibiting at this event included: Alpha Wire; American Microsemiconductor, Inc.; American National Standards Institute, Inc.; DuPont Protection Technologies; Hitachi Metals America, Ltd.; Lauren Manufacturing Co.; Michigan Institute of Aviation & Technology (MIAT); MTC Transformers; National Instruments; Newark/element14; Percival Scientific, Inc.; Transhield, Inc.; Triad Magnetics; and, TUV SUD America Inc.
About GlobalSpec, Inc.
GlobalSpec, Inc. is the leading specialized vertical search, information services, e-publishing and online events company serving the engineering, technical and industrial communities. GlobalSpec users benefit from domain-expert search engines, a broad range of proprietary and aggregated Web-based content, nearly 30 online events, and more than 60 e-newsletters - helping them search for and locate products and services, learn about suppliers and access comprehensive technical content. SpecSearch®, GlobalSpec's trademarked search technology, allows users to search by specification more than 180,000,000 parts in 2,300,000 product families from more than 40,000 supplier catalogs. For suppliers, GlobalSpec offers highly filtered sales and marketing opportunities, product promotion and brand advertising platforms, including the GlobalSpec Ad Network, and a wide range of e-media advertising and marketing solutions.
GlobalSpec, SpecSearch, The Engineering Search Engine and The Engineering Web are registered trademarks of GlobalSpec, Inc.