GlobalSpec Medical Equipment Design Online Event Draws 1,100
Educational sessions, exhibitor content highlighted functional imaging technology, advanced medical diagnosis, medical products for consumers, two-shot silicone molding
East Greenbush, NY (June 16, 2011) – The May 11, 2011 GlobalSpec "Medical Equipment Design" online event drew more than 1,100 participants. Attendees averaged more than an hour at the virtual conference learning about the latest trends, technologies and innovations across key areas of medical equipment, such as advances in functional imaging technology, techniques for advanced medical diagnosis, medical products with consumer appeal, and two-shot silicone molding.
This latest offering from the GlobalSpec online events series offered attendees targeted opportunities to discover new products, technologies and applications from leading manufacturers and gain valuable knowledge on developments relevant to their industry and profession.
"Our online events continue to show great attendance from the engineering, technical and industrial communities," said Chris Chariton, senior vice president of product management & supplier marketing for GlobalSpec. "Drawing more than a thousand participants for our recent Medical Equipment Design event illustrates that our focus on choosing important vertical segments, offering deep educational content and attracting industry-leading exhibitors is a successful virtual event strategy."
Speakers and topics at the event included:
- Therapeutic Ultrasound Applications in the Human Brain: Dr. Thilo Hoelscher, Assistant Professor, Departments of Radiology and Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego – This presentation focused on advances in the field of therapeutic ultrasound that are providing new insight into future treatment of brain tumors, stroke, and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Medical Kiosk Design and Telemonitoring Solutions: Dr. José Fernández Villaseñor, Global Medical Product Manager and Medical Expert Leader, Freescale Semiconductor - This presentation explored how, as the population ages and medical monitoring becomes more integrated into everyday living, healthcare professionals are searching for new ways to monitor patients with improved accuracy, speed and end-user convenience. Medical kiosks and telemonitoring solutions will enable patients and physicians to run routine health screenings at home or remotely.
- Non-DEHP Materials for use in Medical Applications: Mark Colton, Product Development Manager, Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics – For users of DEHP-based materials that are concerned about how new regulations may affect their products, this presentation helped attendees understand why the regulations are being put in place, what alternatives are available, and how they compare.
- Audible Alarms in Medical Equipment - Deconstructing IEC 60601-1-8: Dan O'Brien, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Mallory Sonalert Products, Inc. – Designing audible alarms into medical equipment used to be simple, but with the publication of international standard IEC60601-1-8, this is no longer true. This presentation helped engineers and system designers understand how IEC60601-1-8 impacts the design process.
- Networking Lounge Chat: "Fluidic Solutions for Medical OEMs" – Hosted by Richard Whipple, Parker Precision Fluidics Division
Companies exhibiting at this event included: Automation Group – Parker Hannifin Corporation; THK American, Inc.; Varta Microbattery Inc.; Coast Wire & Plastic Tech, Inc.; Electron Energy Corporation; Interpower Corporation; Mi-Tech Metals; PEI-Genesis; Pelonis Technologies, Inc.; and, Sigmetrix, LLC.
About GlobalSpec, Inc.
GlobalSpec, Inc. is the leading specialized vertical search, information services, e-publishing and online events company serving the engineering, technical and industrial communities. GlobalSpec users benefit from domain-expert search engines, a broad range of proprietary and aggregated Web-based content, nearly 30 online events, and more than 60 e-newsletters - helping them search for and locate products and services, learn about suppliers and access comprehensive technical content. SpecSearch®, GlobalSpec's trademarked search technology, allows users to search by specification more than 180,000,000 parts in 2,300,000 product families from more than 40,000 supplier catalogs. For suppliers, GlobalSpec offers highly filtered sales and marketing opportunities, product promotion and brand advertising platforms, including the GlobalSpec Ad Network, and a wide range of e-media advertising and marketing solutions.
GlobalSpec, SpecSearch, The Engineering Search Engine and The Engineering Web are registered trademarks of GlobalSpec, Inc.