Mouser Electronics Online Event Draws 1,600
Virtual event hosted by GlobalSpec provided educational forums, manufacturer and supplier content, expertise on latest technology trends impacting engineering marketplace
East Greenbush, NY – The June 22, 2011 Mouser Electronics, Inc., "Newest Products & Advanced Technologies" online event hosted by GlobalSpec drew more than 1,600 participants. Mouser – a top design engineering resource and global distributor for semiconductors and electronic components – designed the event to educate attendees on the latest news, research and developments within the electronic component industry. The free virtual conference is now available on demand, through September 22, to give engineers easy access to educational presentations and industry leading supplier resources from the live-day event.
"Newest Products & Advanced Technologies" offered design engineers targeted opportunities to discover new products, technologies and applications from leading manufacturers while gaining valuable knowledge on developments relevant to their industry and profession. At this event, attendees discovered the latest in consumer technology and solid-state lighting and learned the newest developments regarding medical, smart grid and energy technology through educational forums and an exhibit hall featuring leading manufacturers and suppliers.
"Mouser partnered with some of the best suppliers in the industry to bring engineers what's next," said Kevin Hess, vice president of technical marketing for Mouser Electronics. "The exceptional program content and networking connections gave attendees the unique opportunity to learn and share successful approaches to innovation challenges with the newest products and advanced technologies.
"Together, GlobalSpec and Mouser Electronics created a must-attend event," said Chris Chariton, senior vice president of product management & supplier marketing for GlobalSpec. "Our demonstrated expertise in online event management, combined with our ability to deliver the right audience of design engineers and related professionals interested in electronic components, ensured that the event offered attendees an exceptional learning experience."
For more information, or to access the on-demand Mouser event, click here.
Speakers and topics at the event included:
- Kinect Disconnected: What's inside your gadgets? - iFixit, the teardown experts, provided a tour inside one of the latest electronic gadgets, the Xbox Kinect. They discussed the tradeoffs and decisions made by Microsoft's product designers, and took a look at how tinkerers are finding broad applications for the sensor technology outside of gaming.
Presented by: Kyle Wiens, CEO, iFixit
- Smarter Grid Solutions for Grid Infrastructure, Utility Meters, and Home Automation Systems - The session addressed design and development solutions that are consistently present across the smart grid applications spectrum at every stage of the design process. From designing with the right devices and software, to using the right tools and systems support, attendees learned about state of the art systems design.
Presented by: Olivier Monnier, World Wide Marketing and Business Manager, Smart Grid Solutions, Texas Instruments
- TE Connectivity: The Leader in Innovation Solutions for Solid State Lighting - TE Connectivity recently formed a global industry business unit with an entrepreneurial mentality to develop "insanely great" interconnects solutions for lighting. The products featured in the presentation demonstrated that TE Connectivity is in sync with the lighting industry's "project based" dynamics to meet the market needs of customers.
Presented by: Alexander Hunt III, Americas Product Manager - Lighting, TE Connectivity
- The Power of Panasonic Electronic Components - The Power of Panasonic Electronic Components allow vision to become reality. Designers learned how to create next-dimension technology using Panasonic building blocks.
Presented by: Len Metzger, Senior Applications Engineer, Panasonic Electronic Components and Richard Trueman, Product Manager, Custom Components and Wireless, Panasonic Electronic Components
- Designing Smartphone & Tablet Accessories – This presentation contained information for getting started designing an accessory for personal electronic devices, including the various available interfaces, power sources, software libraries and hardware resources for smartphones and tablets.
Presented by: Roger Richey, Director of Applications, Advanced Microcontroller Architecture Division, Microchip Technology
- Ultrasound - Maxim's solutions for ultrasound enable system designers to migrate to smaller, lower-cost, and more portable imaging solutions, while maintaining the performance found in larger systems.
Presented by: Manav Malhotra, Senior Business Manager – Ultrasound and High Bandwidth Products, Maxim Integrated Products
Companies exhibiting at this event included: Mouser Electronics, Inc.; Cymbet Corporation; Honeywell Sensing and Control; Lantronix, Inc.; Littelfuse, Inc.; Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.; Microchip Technology, Inc.; Omron Electronic Components; Panasonic Electronic Components; TE Connectivity; and Texas Instruments.
About Mouser Electronics, Inc.
Mouser Electronics, a subsidiary of TTI, Inc., is part of Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway family of companies. Mouser is an award-winning authorized semiconductor and electronic component distributor, focused on the rapid introduction of new products and technologies to electronic design engineers and buyers. Mouser.com features more than 1.9 million products online from more than 400 manufacturers. Mouser publishes multiple catalogs per year providing designers with up-to-date data on the components now available for the next generation of electronic devices. Mouser ships globally to over 300,000 customers in 170 countries from its 492,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility south of Dallas, Texas. For more information, visit http://www.mouser.com.
About GlobalSpec, Inc.
GlobalSpec, Inc. is the leading specialized vertical search, information services, e-publishing and online events company serving the engineering, technical and industrial communities. GlobalSpec users benefit from domain-expert search engines, a broad range of proprietary and aggregated Web-based content, nearly 30 online events, and more than 60 e-newsletters - helping them search for and locate products and services, learn about suppliers and access comprehensive technical content. SpecSearch®, GlobalSpec's trademarked search technology, allows users to search by specification more than 180,000,000 parts in 2,300,000 product families from more than 40,000 supplier catalogs. For suppliers, GlobalSpec offers highly filtered sales and marketing opportunities, product promotion and brand advertising platforms, including the GlobalSpec Ad Network, and a wide range of e-media advertising and marketing solutions.
GlobalSpec, SpecSearch, The Engineering Search Engine and The Engineering Web are registered trademarks of GlobalSpec, Inc.