GlobalSpec Water Quality & Water Reclamation
Online Trade Show and Event Draws More Than 1,500 Attendees
67 percent of engineering, technical and industrial professionals at GlobalSpec virtual event are decision makers
East Greenbush, NY (February 2, 2012) – The “Water Quality & Water Reclamation” online trade show and event on January 25, 2012 hosted by GlobalSpec drew more than 1,500 participants, with 67 percent of attendees reporting they are decision makers within their organizations. The free virtual conference is now available on demand to give engineers and industrial professionals easy access to educational presentations and industry-leading supplier resources from the live-day event.
GlobalSpec’s “Water Quality & Water Reclamation” event provided educational opportunities to learn about the latest technologies and solutions from leading suppliers in the water and wastewater industry, and expertise on the latest innovations and trends across key technology areas including resource management, treatment, supply, and distribution.
“Like all of our online events, the recent Water Quality & Water Reclamation event allowed participants to gain useful knowledge about important developments in their industries” said Donna Lewis, vice president of e-publishing and e-events for GlobalSpec. “Once again attendance was terrific and we look forward to hosting another outstanding Water Quality & Water Reclamation online event next year.”
Speakers and topics at the event included:
- Regulatory Change and the Impact on Water Treatment – How do regulatory changes impact the global water and wastewater treatment industry? This presentation identified upcoming regulations; explored short- and long-term market implications; and previewed best available technologies for compliance.
Presented by Eric Meliton, Industry Analyst - Environmental Technologies, Frost & Sullivan
- Building an Intelligent Water System – Intelligent water systems make informed decisions based on connected information sources. By connecting demand to supply, worker to problem, and utility to utility, water managers can reduce loss, anticipate demand, and increase reliability.
Presented by Alan Hinchman, Global Industry Manager - Water, GE Intelligent Platforms
- How New Technology is Revolutionizing Wastewater Treatment – New concepts in the use of biology, control systems, aeration, and fluid dynamics are dramatically improving wastewater treatment processes. This presentation examined one company that combined these concepts to create a revolutionary new treatment system.
Presented by Talbot Presley, Vice President of Business Development, Active Water Sciences
- Odor Management for Industry and Municipalities – Many municipalities face odor issues. While the problem is pervasive, it receives inadequate attention. This presentation, designed for professionals involved with environmental odor issues, addressed state-of-the-art techniques for assessing odor problems and explained how to design an odor management master plan.
Presented by Thierry Page, CEO, Odotech, Inc.
- A Review of Oil/Water Separator Coalescer Designs – Comparing oil/water separator options will help keep your company's effluent compliant, while saving money in reduced equipment and maintenance costs.
Presented by Dave Goding, Owner and Founder, Mercer International
Companies exhibiting at this event included: Hach Company; Aerzen USA Corp.; seepex, Inc.; Elasto Proxy Inc.; GE Analytical Instruments; GE Power & Water – Water & Process Technologies; and Vaughan Co., Inc.
About GlobalSpec, Inc.
GlobalSpec, Inc. is the leading specialized vertical search, information services, e-publishing and online events company serving the engineering, technical and industrial communities. GlobalSpec users benefit from domain-expert search engines, a broad range of proprietary and aggregated Web-based content, over 15 annual online events, and more than 70 e-newsletters - helping them search for and locate products and services, learn about suppliers and access comprehensive technical content. SpecSearch®, GlobalSpec's trademarked search technology, allows users to search by specification more than 180,000,000 parts in 2,300,000 product families from more than 40,000 supplier catalogs. For suppliers, GlobalSpec offers highly filtered sales and marketing opportunities, product promotion and brand advertising platforms, including the GlobalSpec Ad Network, and a wide range of e-media advertising and marketing solutions.
GlobalSpec, SpecSearch, The Engineering Search Engine and The Engineering Web are registered trademarks of GlobalSpec, Inc.