GlobalSpec Reaches New Milestones in 2011
Highlights Include Strong Growth in Digital Media Sales, Expansion of e-Newsletter, Online Event & Ad Network Digital Media Platforms; Gains in Registered Users to GlobalSpec.com; Launch of GlobalSpecElectronics.com
East Greenbush, NY – (Business Wire) February 21, 2012 – GlobalSpec (www.globalspec.com), the leading provider of digital media solutions designed to connect industrial marketers with their target audience of engineering, technical and manufacturing sector professionals, today announced the company’s 2011 results, highlighted by significant growth in a number of areas.
In 2011, GlobalSpec:
- Continued the expansion of its highly successful e-newsletter business with the introduction of six special edition titles in 2011 in areas ranging from Components for RF & Microwave, to Solar Energy Systems, to Electronic Device Design. GlobalSpec now publishes more than 70 e-newsletter titles, with a combined digital circulation of over 8.5 million.
- Conducted over 25 online trade shows and specialized virtual events, with an average of 1,500 attendees per event. Over the last two years, GlobalSpec has hosted over 50 online events that have attracted more than 80,000 attendees.
- Expanded the registered user base of GlobalSpec.com to over 6.8 million registered users, reflecting growth of 500,000+ registered users over the past year. GlobalSpec.com registered users have access to over 52,000 searchable supplier catalogs and more than 5,000,000 digital product data sheets.
- Launched GlobalSpec Electronics, a targeted online resource designed to meet the specific needs of electronics professionals – and suppliers interested in reaching this specialized audience. This enhanced resource offers professionals product information and content in over 400 electronics categories, access to millions of product datasheets, and the ability to search for electronic components by part number. The Electronics Design Center – as part of GlobalSpec Electronics - offers videos, application notes, reference designs, white papers and news relevant to the electronics industry. For suppliers, GlobalSpec Electronics offers multiple opportunities to deliver their messages and product information to a targeted electronics audience through seven online events, more than 20 e-newsletters and the Electronics Ad Network.
- Achieved substantial growth and expansion of the GlobalSpec Ad Network via the development of the Electronics Ad Network and the introduction of a datasheet promoter product that generates a click-through rate that surpasses the industry standard.
- Continued strong growth of CR4 – an award-winning community site for the industrial sector that facilitates peer-to-peer online discussion between engineers, purchasing agents, scientists and other knowledge workers in the manufacturing sector. CR4 has more than 45,000 registered users and over 100,000 subscribers to its Daily Digest e-newsletter.
Additionally, the company was recognized for its online tradeshows and events by Min Online in their 2011 “Best of the Web” awards competition, and for the fifth year, GlobalSpec was named to the BtoB “Media Power 50.”
“Although the economic climate within the industrial sector remains challenging, GlobalSpec continued to grow and innovate on many fronts in 2011,” said company Chairman and CEO Jeffrey M. Killeen. “We now offer both buy-side engineers and sell-side industrial marketers a complete portfolio of digital content and media platforms---over 70 highly focused e-Newsletters, 17 vertically focused online trade shows and the most complete searchable databases of industrial components and parts in over 3,500 product areas. For engineering and technical professionals we provide ‘must-have’ content and work flow support tools, and for industrial marketers we offer comprehensive digital marketing solutions designed to generate awareness, demand and engagement, ranging from inbox marketing programs, to product and brand promotion on GlobalSpec.com and a network of related sites, to real-time engagement opportunities via online events and custom Webinars.”
About GlobalSpec, Inc.
GlobalSpec, Inc. is the leading provider of digital media solutions designed to connect industrial marketers with their target audience of engineering, technical, industrial, scientific and manufacturing sector professionals. GlobalSpec provides its registered users with a domain-expert search engine to search more than 50,000 supplier catalogs by specification, a broad range of proprietary and aggregated Web-based content, over 15 annual online events, and more than 70 e-newsletters - helping them search for and locate products and services, learn about suppliers and access comprehensive technical content. For suppliers, GlobalSpec helps generate awareness, demand and engagement opportunities among the professionals they are looking to reach – from inbox to desktop, through networks and via real-time engagement.