Induction heating equipment, systems and services
for industrial applications
EFD Induction has to date installed thousands of heating solutions for a vast range of industrial applications - bringing the benefits of induction technology to many of the world’s leading manufacturing and service companies. EFD Induction has manufacturing plants, workshops and service centers in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Corporate headquarters are in Skien, Norway.
Although EFD Induction equipment is used to make everything from crankshafts to spaceships, most of their equipment is employed for the following applications:
- Induction hardening
- Induction brazing
- Induction welding
- Induction annealing
- Induction seam normalizing
- Induction pre-heating
- Induction post-heating
- Induction bonding
- Induction straightening
- Induction forging
- Induction melting
- Induction plasma production
EFD Induction is also active in specialist application areas, devising customized induction solutions for glass wool fiberizing, chain heat treatment, shrink fitting, and the hardening of giant slewing rings for wind turbines.
As one of the world’s largest induction companies they of course offer a complete range of equipment. EFD Induction's main equipment families (each available with numerous options and ranges of frequencies and output powers) are:
- Sinac - an extensive range of universal heat generators; suitable for numerous heating applications
- Weldac - the well known range of high-output solid-state welders
- Minac - their selection of compact and versatile mobile generators (includes the popular Minac Twin versions, which offers two generators in one)
- HeatLine - a range of vertical and horizontal systems for forging, and induction furnaces for melting
- HardLine - an extremely broad selection of solutions for hardening; widely used by the world’s top automotive and energy sector companies
But equipment is only a means to an end. At EFD Induction their primary focus is on improving your company’s productivity. That’s why all their systems are designed to not only improve the quality of what you make, but also to minimize costs and wastage. And to help you achieve this, they offer a comprehensive range of maintenance, spares and training services. In short, when you choose EFD Induction, you get tools and resources to make the most of your equipment.