Designed to Maximize Pump Bearing & Seal Life
Pumps are the heart of most Industrial Manufacturing plants. The most common areas of failure are bearings and mechanical seals. Traditional ANSI pumps are inherently weak in design, resulting in high maintenance cost and reduced reliability.
The "VIT Super-ANSI" pumps were developed to remedy the shortcomings of those pump designs.
|The VIT Series pumps are the world's first rotary equipment designed to minimize the detrimental effects of ALL SIX FAILURE MODES.
||Vibration - causes cracking, bending, loosening, stressing of all major pump components, also contributing to over-heating
||Installation Errors - cause many pumps to fail when they start up
||Poor Environment - contamination destroys seals and bearings
||Heat - distorts faces, degrades bearing oil, changes critical clearances & tolerances, increases deterioration and enhances cavitation
||Improper Lubrication - bearings fail, seal faces break down
||Corrosion - elements break down working parts and pieces, adding wear to components
- Mechanical seals protected by 360° shroud
- First ANSI/ISO pump with the stronger thrust bearing closer to the seal and impeller to place strength and stability where it does the most good
- Patented oil misting system lowers bearing temperature
- Interior of oil chamber is specially painted to protect against oxidation
- The most rigid bearing and shaft assembly reduces vibration reading by up to 90% vs. competitors' pumps
- Why the Oil Mister?
- Internal "oil misting" system causes bearings to operate at cooler temperatures, and reduces drag from extra oil weight!
- By using the Oil Misting system you solve two of the known damaging problems: heat and improper lubrication!
- Large bearing chamber provides over 1.5 quarts / liters of heat dissipating oil
- Oil level in frame is not as critical as with pumps that have flooded oil bath, especially with different sizes of series bearings with different ball centerline diameter.