CorningÂ is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s businesses and markets are constantly evolving. Today, Corning is a global leader in five vital market segments:
- Display TechnologiesÂ – glass substrates for LCD flat panel televisions, computer monitors, laptops, and other consumer electronics
- Environmental TechnologiesÂ – ceramic substrates and diesel filters for emission control systems
- Optical CommunicationsÂ – optical fiber, cable, and hardware and equipment for telephone and Internet communication networks
- Life SciencesÂ – glass and plastic labware, as well as label-free technology, media, and reagents for cell culture, genomics, and bioprocessing applications
- Specialty MaterialsÂ – cover glass for consumer electronics, advanced optics, and specialty glass solutions for a number of industries