The Leader in Direct Steam Injection Heating since 1945 – The ORIGINAL is still the best
In 1945, Pick Heaters developed and patented a unique concept in Direct Steam Injection Heating. The original approach has remained unaltered. . . keep it simple and self-stabilizing, minimize moving parts and make it totally reliable regardless of operating environment. It is this design philosophy that has made Pick Heaters the recognized originator and leader in Direct Steam Injection for over 60 years.
Out of this philosophy has come a continuous flow of refinements and innovations.
- Pick was the first direct steam injection (DSI) company to introduce a 3A certified Sanitary Heater in 1984 and was also the first DSI company to offer a pilot scale version especially for R&D.
- Pick is the only DSI company to offer a true Variable Flow design for multiple use points and on/off applications.
- Pick’s BX heater is a truly innovative, self-cleaning design for industrial starch cooking and slurry heating.
- Pick’s fabricated heaters allow for flow rates and pressures far above the norm – up to 25,000 gpm or 1400PSIG. They also conform to existing piping from ½ to 32 inches and beyond.
- Over 20 years ago Pick expanded its scope of supply to include custom designed, packaged systems including skid mounted pumps, instrumentation and other ancillary equipment to meet customers needs.
- Now, through PCD (Pick Custom Design) you can combine Pick’s experience in heat transfer and packaging to meet all your process heating needs – direct or indirect heat transfer systems.