Solid state relay, SSR, SCR, and solid state contactor experience.
The management team at POWER-IO™ has over 60 years of combined experience with industrial automation, lighting control, power control and power switching applications. POWER-IO was formed in order to expand the use of solid state power switching (SSR, SCR, IGBT, MOSFET, or microprocessor supervised solid state contactor) technology in automation applications from 0.1 amps up to hundreds of amps. In addition, POWER-IO can offer specific, custom designed products that incorporate power switching as one of the primary elements of the product.
The POWER-IO technology is based upon the following core competencies:
- SCR design knowledge directly at the silicon wafer creation stage
- Use of oversized dies for stronger amperage surge capability
- Ceramic PCB assembly, sometimes called DCB or DBC bonding capability
- Thermal transfer optimization that results in better thermal efficiencies than are typical in the industry
- Design of custom heatsinks that results in outstanding performance in industrial or commercial environments
- The trademarked Maximum Surge Survival™ technology -- an advanced method of using 3 protective levels to minimize damage from voltage surges
- Custom interfaces for VAC control inputs, VDC control inputs, 4-20mA inputs, Modbus communications, DeviceNet multi-drop communications and more
- Current limited VDC input requirements of the POWER-IO products mean that they can interface to PLC or PC based control systems
- In depth industry experience to resolve technical questions quickly, accurately, and fully
POWER-IO also has a history of designing customized products and completing the testing procedures at UL, CSA, and CE, in a rapid fashion.